April 28, 2024, 01:02:45 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Oil Cooler

Started by singletrak, December 14, 2008, 01:28:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

singletrak

I am giving thought to having the HD Oil Cooler installed on my 08 Street Glide.   I like to perform my own oil changes.  Will the installation of the oil cooler complicate future oil changes?   Specifically,  will it interfere with the easy removal/installation of the oil filter or interfere with the crankshaft position sensor?
Thank you.   

Blackbaggr

I put one on in August. I don't see how it won't complicate...at least just a little. I really don't see it as a problem though...I'm gonna try the 2 liter bottle method.  :up:

cody

Probably about the same as my '06 Road King. The lines comeing off the thermostat get in the way just a little. Best to get the oil filter wrench with the "cut-out" in it.

scoopfraser

I think it will partly depend on which style of oil cooler you decide on.  I've got a Jagg slimline (vertical mount) that mounts to my frame downtube so it's not in the way.  The offset filter adapter is situated such that the lines from the cooler are plumbed in just below the oil filter.  It makes space a little tighter but it's not been an issue for me.  As for the horizontally mounted coolers I don't have any experience with them.

Sean
----
2000 FXD
Edmonton, Alberta