April 27, 2024, 10:05:53 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Rinehart 2-1 or Pro Pipe BP

Started by waltcentral, December 14, 2008, 03:06:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

waltcentral

First off I know the FatCat has a good performance rep but would prefer to go a little quieter.  I am looking for any feedback on Rinehart or Propipe in a mild 96"  or 103"  build.  There was some dyno runs done on the old  HTT websight with the Rinehart and SE255 cams that looked real good.  I like the looks of the Rinehart along with the Caliber 2-1 but too many reported problems with the caliber.   A friend and I agree that the Propipe looks a little dated but he said it is very well made and is a very cool running pipe, ie does not radiate alot of heat.  I am looking for good midrange bottom end performance.

skyhook

wouldn't pro pipe be make better power on a mild build because of its smaller headpipes?
always seem to get their azz wet?

waltcentral

I would think so too Skyhook.  But I have not seen a good fair comparison between the two.

skyhook

I bought a rinehart 2 into 1 when they first came out...ran it for a year...replaced it with the roadrage, and gained a lot of torque 2500 to 3000...this wasn't a mild build

txtech

Quote from: skyhook on December 14, 2008, 03:23:17 PM
wouldn't pro pipe be make better power on a mild build because of its smaller headpipes?
i bought the propipe ove rinehart because of the bigger headpipes on the rinehart. my boss has the rinehart and it has had a big dip in the 2000 to 3000 range . it feels like it has no low end to it. took rush slipons off my 95 and put on the propipe, noticable increase in low and midrange. 6th gear alot stronger now.

03deuce

Comments posted here in the past have described the pro-pipe as having good mid range torque.  I run one on my basically stock 08 roadglide and the bike performs very well, especially in the mid range (2200-4000) where I do most of my riding.  If price is a consideration, the pro-pipe is less $$$ than the rinehart.

blk-betty

Others with direct knowledge can confrim, but I have read that the BP version of the Pro-Pipe does not perform as well the HS or original Pro-Pipe.
Mark  '12 Road Glide Custom
Coastal SC

June2017

I have the Rineharts and the tips turn PURPLE ! 

Do Not buy RINEHARTS !

txtech

Quote from: Roadglide on December 14, 2008, 05:20:28 PM
I have the Rineharts and the tips turn PURPLE ! 

Do Not buy RINEHARTS !
collector heat sheild cracks and falls of to,but rinehart will sell you a new one for 75 bucks,good for another 2500 miles

June2017

There you have it,...............

DONT BUY RINEHARTS 

They have way too many problems for you to lose your hard earned money.  Give your money to a company that will stand behind their product.

scoopfraser

Have you considered the SuperTrapp Supermeg?  If you're looking for quiet power this one should be on your list.  I've got a Thunderheader but wouldn't mind trying out the Supertrapp.

Sean
----
2000 FXD
Edmonton, Alberta

Mi_RDGlide

I have put 9000 miles on a used Rinehart 2 into 1 paid $200.00 for it, the end cap did turned gold, but I rattle caned it black. Sounds great and made 100-100 on a 95 build.
You only need to be 10% smarter than the thing your working on.

Don D

The Rinehart 2 into 1 is not a quiet pipe

FLTRI

"I am looking for good midrange bottom end performance."

You are looking at midrange high end choices not midrange low power.
The Supermeg is exactly what fits that bill. The SE 2into1 with adjustable discs also will do the trick.

All depends on how much you put looks over performance, IMO. :wink:
The best we've experienced is the best we know
Always keep eyes and mind open

Eglider05

Quote from: Deweysheads on December 15, 2008, 10:26:25 AM
The Rinehart 2 into 1 is not a quiet pipe

Exactly, I had one and now run a Fatcat with quiet baffle and it's quieter than the Rinehart.

Rick

June2017

skyhook

don, have they changed the rinehart?...or maybe it only seemed quiet because I ran t-header before and roadrage after!

FLTRI

"or maybe it only seemed quiet because I ran t-header before and roadrage after!"

Not Don, but I think that would be a safe bet. They have not changed the Rine 2into1, unless it was in the past 6mos.

waltcentral

I know the Supertrapp should do well if set up properly, I have a set of their meg slip ons and would just like to try something different.  May  go with the Fatcat afterall.  I wish I could hear both fatcat and propipe BP.

skyhook

parrot

FLTRI

Quote from: skyhook on December 16, 2008, 03:21:05 PM
bob, do you like the rinehart?
IMO, They look great. The sound is ok, loud. The performance is ok.
I say find what you like the look and sound of and then get it tuned to run its best and don't worry about power above 5000rpms because you don't spend enough time above there no worry about.
HTH, Bob

robert

Hade BP on my 95ci, TW55 and ported heads then tested HS, big different, HS much better. When retuneing I hade to change to 105ci in race tuner parameters, cells were maxed-out.
Robert
FLHX 09

June2017

PanHeadRed

>I wish I could hear...fatcat<

Walt if you make the trip south and turn the wrenches I have one you can borrow for a few days......or listen to.

Yo J

December 22, 2008, 07:13:13 AM #25 Last Edit: December 22, 2008, 11:32:38 AM by YOJ
< I like the looks of the Rinehart along with the Caliber 2-1 but too many reported problems with the caliber. >

Walt if you come down to check out PHR D&D - Holler - you can check out the Caliber as well.. we have 6000+ miles on the 2007 set this year so far on a  2006 FLHR (CARB) - no problems at all... I am getting ready to swap the GF the Rinehart TD for Caliber to put on my 2006 Ultra (EFI)... she doesnt like riding behind the RH's...

skyhook

does anyone know what happened between bub and rinehart?...now you can get the same pipe from either company, but originally it seemed like just bub was marketing the rinehart design

FLTRI

Quote from: skyhook on December 22, 2008, 07:26:36 AM
does anyone know what happened between bub and rinehart?...now you can get the same pipe from either company, but originally it seemed like just bub was marketing the rinehart design
Just a guess but an exclusivity contract was probably be tween them that ended? So now Rinehart Racing as well as whoever they designate to sell their product is in play.
Kinda thought that may be the case when BUB cam out with their own Rinehart replica called BUB7 a year ago.
As I said, just a guess.

PanHeadRed

The "designate" is Drag, the question is, who will be the new manufacturer?

Good guess though. :wink: