April 27, 2024, 08:08:12 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

which is louder?

Started by ski13, December 14, 2008, 05:58:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ski13

Which is louder Rinehart Td (standard baffle) or a thunderheader at cuise? at WOT?  thanks for the input.

Showdog75

Thunderheaders are pretty damn loud at wot but they have a awesome sound .

Mix01FLHT

01FLHT/95/HTCCcnc/.03hg/S&S585/mik48/THeadhybred/SErollerrockers/chainfinaldrive

ski13

Ar ethe rineharts any deeper or just quieter?

1sg

I have rhinehart TD on my 95" 03 RK,(standard baffle), and my son has the Thunderheaders TD on his 07 96" street glide.To me they are same at WOT (loud) just a different tone. Howerever at idle the thunderheaders are louder, and a deeper sound. If I had to choose one, it would be a coin toss.

Mix01FLHT

More street riding around town, Rinehart eliminates the torque dip at low RPM.  More highway riding and flatout WOT Thunderheader for the HP.

:beer:
01FLHT/95/HTCCcnc/.03hg/S&S585/mik48/THeadhybred/SErollerrockers/chainfinaldrive

Deye76

The guys I ride with that have RHtd's all have a rattle, like the baffle is loose.
East Tenn.<br /> 2020 Lowrider S Touring, 2014 CVO RK,  1992 FXRP

Flat Dog

A screaming wife. Oh, and the Thunderheader at WOT.

ChromeWhore

I don't think there is a pipe out there louder than Thunderheader that actually serves a function for torque--perhaps D&D Race Baffle would give Thunderheader stiff competition..

At idle or anything short of WOT between Thunderheader and Rinehart, I'd say Thunderheader. At WOT it's a toss-up, Rinharts are frickin loud as "Potty mouth" too--perhaps Thunderheader has a very slight edge at WOT.

A buddy of mine is running TH and I told him that I can't ride behind him for long periods of time because his pipes gives me a headache, literally. Thunderheaders are the only pipes that do this to me.

--CW
an idiot if you do, an asshole if you don't... WTF

redmtrckl

D&D Boarzilla with standard baffle will make a T-header sound quiet. At least on the big inch motors.
Yes! I am an Infidel.
And proud of it!

FLTRI

Think of it this way: Many have said once going the T/D from 2into1 the exhaust was louder. Same bike/build -  two 3" noise outlets are louder than one 3" outlet.
The best we've experienced is the best we know
Always keep eyes and mind open