April 28, 2024, 08:41:28 AM

News:

loud screaming noise

Started by shovelmonster76, December 14, 2008, 07:24:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shovelmonster76

I was riding a couple weeks ago and going around 75 mph and I thought a jet went by really close. It was a few days later I heard it again but It wasn't quite as loud. I have ridden a lot since then but no more noise and the bike seems to be running fine. Both times I heard it I was going fast. Any ideas. Thanks.
Watch out for those Alligators

76shuvlinoff

Hard to fix an intermittent problem, if it's trouble it'll sure get worse though.

The first thing that comes to my mind is wheel or clutch bearings but I would've thought you'd feel that.  It would be a good idea to check them out if you havn't been in there yet.
Critics are men who watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors.
 - Ernest Hemingway

pappyfreebird

as usual i r prolly no fuggan help wud so evo...but yer opinin line ,,,loud screamin noise,,,n goin fast..yet bike runs fine...well at jus seems ta me ta be simply the truth in life! ..seems when i tear off fast ive heard this loud screamin type noise many a time,,,but over the yrs ive slowed nuff ta realize..it sounds mo like hey you sumbeeyuch ya dint take out the trash..er sometimes sounds like hey i thought we was goin out!! but aways seems ta fad away after a block er 3 so i jus keep on peelin!!!!

70weight

Wuz yer ol' lady on the back?
Mine usually sreams when I do 75 or more.
Can't drink all day if ya don't start in the mornings.

Lew

Heard this before.  Possibly the inner primary bearing letting you know it's ready for a visit.
-It is now later than it has ever been before-

dave_9113

Have your hearing checked, really!

Hillside Motorcycle

I'd bet your gonna find a bearing going south, sooner, or later.
Otto Knowbetter sez, "Even a fish wouldn't get caught if he kept his mouth shut"

hgailey

The kicker can make some nasty screaming noises when the starter gear bushing seizes to the mainshaft and contacts the starter crank gear. Next time you hear the sound reach down and feel your kick lever. If it feels like it's vibrating with the screach try to push it forward. If it stops making the noise you need a new starter gear bushing and possibly other parts including a kicker cover if the kicker shaft hole is too egg shaped or the cover is cracked.
78 FX - DAILY RIDER NICE WEATHER; 02 FXDX DAILY RIDER OTHER WEATHER

shovelmonster76

No kicker, got a 5 speed. And the OL don't scream, she smacks me in the back of the head.
Watch out for those Alligators

pappyfreebird

wahahahahaha..ats why i made mine ride her own... now i jus git that dirty glare when she finally catches up