April 28, 2024, 06:47:36 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

stud bolt came out while taking of the heads

Started by GoFast....., December 14, 2008, 08:59:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoFast.....

I have never had the stud bolt unscrew from the case while I was taking off the heads
Nothing like the Sound of a Harley and the Smell of Rubber

HIPPO

Not that big of a deal on a TC depending which one it is.

Admiral Akbar

It's when they come out before taking off the heads that you gotta worry.. Max

KingofCubes

I simply check the length of the studs for stretch, torque the stud back into the case at 15 ft. lbs., and proceed to install top end.

Hillside Motorcycle

Otto Knowbetter sez, "Even a fish wouldn't get caught if he kept his mouth shut"

se

specialize in Harley Davidson high performance engines and Dyno tuning

Reddog74usa

Don't use the red. If you ever need to replace your cylinder studs you'll tear up the cases getting them out. Use the blue. It will hold and still allow the studs to be changed out.
RIDE IT LIKE YA STOLE IT

GoFast.....

Quote from: Reddog74usa on December 16, 2008, 01:58:30 AM
Don't use the red. If you ever need to replace your cylinder studs you'll tear up the cases getting them out. Use the blue. It will hold and still allow the studs to be changed out.
I like that advice Reddog
Nothing like the Sound of a Harley and the Smell of Rubber

Don D

Vibra-TITE VC-3 is what was on it from the factory IIRC
FYI

se

well if you have to take them out its time to replace them any way. a drop of red will hold and if you have to get them loose double up a nut on the stem and it will break loose real quick also with the temps it will come right out any way... so red will work with out any problems had to do it a few times and had no problems at all.
specialize in Harley Davidson high performance engines and Dyno tuning