May 09, 2024, 02:05:38 PM

News:

handlebars

Started by 000, August 02, 2010, 01:40:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

:scratch: 99 eg ultra classic ,i want to replace stock handlebars with a set that is 2 inches longer on the riser part anybody know the part # or model# i need, and i take it ill have to replace the cables and brake line thanks gds  :smile:

05FLHTC

August 02, 2010, 03:13:46 PM #1 Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 03:15:49 PM by 05FLHTC
Kromewerks has bars that are called plus 2 for baggers. The also have a diagram that provides details, they do require cable changes to install.

I just installed the HD reach bars on mine, only had to reroute the clutch cable out of the faring to install them. They are very comfy for me, they brought the grips back to me not sure how much...but the wrist angle leaves something to be desired. Still a nice compromise IMO for a guy with short arms from the OEM bars with no additional expense. I also had to reroute the throttle cables but was able to keep them inside the fairing. The wire loom had plenty of additional length on my 2005 bagger.

Good luck with the install it took me the better part of a full day to install mine, but I am SLOW.

HTH'd,

PS nice 57 in yr avatar!
Illinois the Corruption Capitol of USA

2glides

:agree:     Khromewerks +2" Sweepers !

2glides

whats the difference in wrist position from stock thanks gds :smile:

05FLHTC

Quote from: gds on August 02, 2010, 05:16:56 PM
whats the difference in wrist position from stock thanks gds :smile:

Best I can describe it is the reach bars tend to set the position on yr hands slightly more toward the angle like a wheelbarrow vs stock is more straight like a chin up bar.   Hope that makes sense, it's not that bad & way better for me then the OEM bars. I have only run mine about 500 miles or so since install, I have ruptured #4 & 5 disks along with arthritis, the reach bars have really taken the strain reaching pain out of my shoulders & neck, the angle of my wrist is of very little concern for what I gained.
Illinois the Corruption Capitol of USA

2glides

The Khromewerks +2" sweepers are 2" up and 2" back toward you. The hand position is more outward than back. It took a little getting used to but I like it !!
I like that your hands are still behind the fairing.
2Glides