May 04, 2024, 02:19:51 AM

News:

newer pipes on older bike

Started by ron1026, December 15, 2008, 05:30:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ron1026

Have a chance to pick up a ST supermeg for 07-08 and want to use it on my 2000flht, I know I have to plug the o2 bungs, but other than that will they fit? I remember reading that other than that they are the same.

thanks  Ron

PC_Hater

It should fit OK.
My 99FLTRI needs to go on the dyno for proper tuning but that now firmly rusted-in closed end cap and having to remove the muffler to poke the sniffer right up each exhaust pipe has put me off.
Supertrapp confirmed to me that the later down pipes with O2 bungs will fit my 99 - thus allowing easy tuning by removing the bungs and connecting in the sniffers. Should have bought the downpipes before the pound crashed against the dollar! I'll have to find someone who can weld bungs into my downpipes now!
1942 WLA45 chop, 1999 FLTR(not I), 2000 1200S

Sonny S.

I put an 07-08 ST on my 01 Ultra  :up:

ron1026

Guitarplayer

I just installed 09' V&H Big radius pipes on my 05' RK.  Instead of welding the bung holes shut, is there any reason for not installing 18mm flush plugs?  know of any place I can find plugs?   bung hole....lol

fuzznut5197

Quote from: Guitarplayer on December 24, 2008, 06:32:36 AM
I just installed 09' V&H Big radius pipes on my 05' RK.  Instead of welding the bung holes shut, is there any reason for not installing 18mm flush plugs?  know of any place I can find plugs?   bung hole....lol

http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/KeywordSearchCmd?storeId=10001&catalogId=10002&langId=-1&N=0&Ntt=o2+sensor+plug&Ntk=all&Nty=1&D=o2+sensor+plug&Ntx=mode%2Bmatchallany&Dx=mode%2Bmatchallany&searchTerm=o2+sensor+plug

Blackbaggr

You should be able to pick them up at most dealers or indys too. I just gave a set that I didn't use to a buddy of mine. They were made by rinehart. Some auto parts store also carry them...I believe the size is pretty standard for all O2 sensor equipped header pipes both car and motorcycle.

Guitarplayer

I fouind a pair of sensor plugs on e'bay, but they won't tighten down.  It almost looks like there should be an O'ring or spacer needed?

FLTRI

Ron,
Some use an aluminum sealing (crush) washer. You can use any metal sealing-type washer. Just remember to use anti-seize if you ever want them back out. :wink:Check the hardware store for these.
HTH, Bob
The best we've experienced is the best we know
Always keep eyes and mind open

Bigs

I have a Super Trapp Super Meg with the bungs on my '06 RG because I needed it for the Thunder Max Auto Tune. Only problem was I couldn't use their mounting clamp so I used 2 SS hose clamps and so far so good.
   Bigs

Mike52

The O² sensor plugs are available at any NAPA auto parts store, ask for part #35299, they are listed as 'Exhaust System Accessory', BTW, they are made in the USA and they fit perfect.

Mike
Mike52   Tampa Bay,FL
www.harleytechtalk.net

Mike52

Quote from: FLTRI on January 07, 2009, 07:11:58 AM
Ron,
Some use an aluminum sealing (crush) washer. You can use any metal sealing-type washer. Just remember to use anti-seize if you ever want them back out. :wink:Check the hardware store for these.
HTH, Bob

Since the O² sensors are the same size/threads as some spark plugs, you can use the sealing rings from spark plugs, and as Bob says, don't forget the anti-seize!!

Mike
Mike52   Tampa Bay,FL
www.harleytechtalk.net

GoFast.....

Quote from: Mike52 on January 08, 2009, 08:58:54 AM

The O² sensor plugs are available at any NAPA auto parts store, ask for part #35299, they are listed as 'Exhaust System Accessory', BTW, they are made in the USA and they fit perfect.

Mike
I wish I would have known that . Ordered one from zippers, Thanks
Nothing like the Sound of a Harley and the Smell of Rubber

Guitarplayer

Thanks for the great tip Mike  :smile:   heading out to the garage to find some old spark plugs !

Mike52

The O² sensor plugs are available at any NAPA auto parts store, ask for part #35299, they are listed as 'Exhaust System Accessory', BTW, they are made in the USA and they fit perfect.  Mike

[/quote] I wish I would have known that . Ordered one from zippers, Thanks
[/quote]

Barry, I remember not that long ago you thought I didn't know what I was talking about................LOL
         It's amazing what you can learn when your eyes and ears are open all the way.

Mike
Mike52   Tampa Bay,FL
www.harleytechtalk.net

GoFast.....

Quote from: Mike52 on January 08, 2009, 03:56:27 PM
The O² sensor plugs are available at any NAPA auto parts store, ask for part #35299, they are listed as 'Exhaust System Accessory', BTW, they are made in the USA and they fit perfect.  Mike

I wish I would have known that . Ordered one from zippers, Thanks
[/quote]

Barry, I remember not that long ago you thought I didn't know what I was talking about................LOL
         It's amazing what you can learn when your eyes and ears are open all the way.

Mike
[/quote] I never thought you didn't know what you were talking about I just disagreed with you but now that I know you you are right most of the time, By the way can you check that number, I went to NAPA and the part number you gave was a plug for the bung
Nothing like the Sound of a Harley and the Smell of Rubber

Mike52

[/quote] By the way can you check that number, I went to NAPA and the part number you gave was a plug for the bung[/quote]

Barry, reread my post, it says in the post, that's what the part number was for, to plug the O² sensor hole. The O² sensor plugs are available at any NAPA auto parts store, ask for part #35299.

OK, once again, eyes & ears, eyes & ears, eyes & ears.....keep them open.......... :hyst:

Mike
Mike52   Tampa Bay,FL
www.harleytechtalk.net