April 27, 2024, 11:57:24 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

You guys running SE 251's

Started by nightmare7306, December 15, 2008, 05:36:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nightmare7306

Any of you guys running stock pushrods?

Clintster

I have a set of SE with no covers for cheap if you need a set.  I do not know the answer to your question.
Drive fast, take chances

Flat Dog

Best to use ChroMo IMO. Stronger never hurt anything, and with 'high' lift combined with possible high RPM...

FLTRI

IMO, anytime you can run the 1-piece stock pushrods it is an advantage but different cam profiles require different pushrod lengths.
Hillside (Scott) I'm sure can answer that specic to which cams will work with stock rods.
The best we've experienced is the best we know
Always keep eyes and mind open

Scramjet

Are you talking about length?  Harley recommends +.030" pushrods.  If you use a smaller head gasket you should  be OK.

Are you talking about removing the heads?  If not you must use adjustables.

B
07FLHX 107", TR590, D&D, 109HP/112TQ
06FLSTN, 95", SE211, Cycle Shack 91HP/94TQ

nightmare7306

December 15, 2008, 06:20:22 PM #5 Last Edit: December 15, 2008, 06:34:41 PM by nightmare7306
I read a while ago that the 251's have a smaller base circle so I am worried they may be too short. I am however decking the heads 20 thou. Yeah, I'm also using Cometic 0.030 head gaskets.

Reddog74usa

Use a good set of adjustable chrome molly push rods. With all the variables involved Ie. base circle and Head gasket thickness you need the adjustability. Better safe than sorry.
RIDE IT LIKE YA STOLE IT

wfolarry

Measure it then you'll know for sure. I have a pushrod just for this purpose but you could use an adjustable one as well.