April 27, 2024, 01:19:42 PM

News:

The First Ricor Shocks For The V-Rod

Started by Hal64hd, August 12, 2010, 04:54:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hal64hd

Well I have a set of Ricor Intiminators in my front suspension and absolutely enjoy them.
Ricor started manufacturing rear shocks for Sportsters, Dynas, and Baggers with positive feedback on the HD forum.
I talked with Brian and inquired on shocks for the V-Rod. I offered my V for the mock up and tuning.
After a little over 3 weeks, I now have the first set for the VRSC. Sorry for the crude pics
(gotta clean)but it's better than none.

Hal64hd

After initially having the Ricor Intiminators installed a year and a half ago. I thought, as much as this improved the front suspension, it sure would be nice to have the same ride characteristics from the rear suspension.

The New Ricor Rear Shocks are doing exactly that.

I have always had problems in the past as far as trying to get the right ride from the stock shocks. I do a lot of 600-1500 mile weekends and like a smooth ride over a stiff suspension that handles. I had tried every spring setting and ended up with the second to the last lowest setting. Which bottomed out on speed bumps and was washy in high speed corners.
I have put 80 miles on the shocks (combo city and Highway) the past couple of days and they are sooo nice.
After install of the Ricor Shocks I had to learn to ride all over again. The back felt very firm yet it absorbed road imperfections as good as their Intiminators in the front. The tire remained in constant contact with the road and was sure footed in the corners and very stable and predictable. Speed Bumps? Ha, What Speed Bumps. I use to have to crawl over the speed bumps in my community, I went over them @ 15-20 MPH and didn't bottom out or get bounced out of the seat. I'm not claiming it went over them like it was on glass, I felt the bump but did't get the jolt.
I have yet to adjust the spring rate and see what happens when I soften it up a little. And adjust my fall away again (darn Wheelies)

Ricors Rear Shocks
Features:
• 3rd generation Inertia Active System
• CNC machined in house
• 100% synthetic AMS Oil
• Highest quality sandvick 20 valve shims
• Viton seals, good for 400+ degrees
• Honed and hard anodized body
• 6061-T6
• 1.375 piston diameter
• Nitrogen charged with internal floating piston for gas / oil separation
• Hard anodized
• Adjustable spring preload
• Valved and sprung for your weight.

These are not off the shelf one size fits all units. Each shock is built to order (takes about 4 weeks) to your specs weight(don't lie about it lol), ride (3 different tunes), includes the spring and one re-valve at no charge within 90 days.
http://store.ricorshocks.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=27]

[url]http://store.ricorshocks.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=27
[/url]

More to come after my next long haul trip and play with the spring rates