May 08, 2024, 01:09:22 PM

News:

whats the best tuner

Started by stillhere, August 14, 2010, 04:51:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stillhere

i have a 08 FXSTC stock motor with V&H big shots / high flow air intake /stage one down load.
i want to put a tuner in it and then dyno tune the bike.
im far from a teck or wrencher. so im looking for one to put in and dont have to mess with or change all the time. i just want to get all i can out of the bike and have it running at its best.
i was told the one from HD only they can change or set ect. for the money i dont want to be stuck messing with them should i decide or need to change something.
i was allso told after market tuners i or someone can tweek from a home computer.
as you can tell i dont know "Potty mouth" about them.so i thout i would ask in here.
thanks for your ideas and help.

stillhere

Dennis The Menace

stillhere, you trying to start sheet?  what kind of question is this?!?!?  Oh boy, let the fireworks begin.  lol

I use the SEPST on my 07 RG, and use Smart Tune to set my own cals.  Works for me.  I used ThunderMax prior to that.  TTS is a great product too.

Now, the televangelists will debate the greatness of one over the other.  But, they are all good, all let you mess with the settings, and all can produce a great running bike.  nuthing else needs be said.  Pick one, and learn it and have fun riding.

menace

stillhere

i know man its right up there with whats the best cam or tire lol

thanks

smittyon66

Rick, have you decided on who you want to dyno the bike? Talking to that person might be your best shot.
Forget the bullsh!t - it's all about two wheels and a motor!

glens

I'm not getting involved other than to say one of the three viable options for individually recalibrating your ECM has the greatest feature set.

RK101

Some may laugh and that's cool ,but I'm still running Andrews tw 26 cams,BS air cleaner after market true duals a DFO I got from techclusions back in 04. Bikes been ridden at sea level and to the top of Mount Washington in NH. It's been  ridden in temps of 100+* and also in single digits. Motor  has never had so much as a Hic Cup. in 53+k. Starts everytime. All I wanted though is what the factory and the EPA took away. :bike:
Do not take life too seriously.  You will never get out of it alive.  ~Elbert H