April 27, 2024, 11:05:13 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

what backing plate?

Started by Tre_11 FLHX, December 16, 2008, 02:05:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tre_11 FLHX

I am in the process of building my 09 Ultra classic (103-, FT pistons-Streetport heads, ccd for 10.3:1, Drilled for Comp releases-BW tw6-6, yes I went with Woods  :embarrassed: - VPC-tapered PR etc..), Currently have an Arlen ness big sucker Backing Plate (BP).  Long story- Local HD dealer sold me the SE backing plate and the Arlen Ness filter- that didn't work- went back they gave me the Arlen Ness BP and said all hardware is the same as the SE- that did not work- went back again, got the right mounting bolts. (no washers) Did not know they were part of the kit, needless to say the MF leaked!  Anyway-talked to the owner got a full refund still have the Arlen ness without the washers and A.N. filter. Still leaks- looking for an alternative or an idea on how to make this stop leaking.  Sorry so long, thought I would set the stage.

Sent TB to HPI yesterday for 54mm upgrade (not sure that matters for BP)

Recommendations?

As Always TIA,
Mike
11 103 FLHX-TW555 cams,10.5:1, FM 2-1-2 ex, FM heads, VPC, JP mufflers, PV tuner

Herko

Mike,
The backing plate from the 29260-08 SE kit can be modded pretty easy to vent overboard.
This is the oring version...no leaks. For the TBW TB's of course.
Tall filter can be run as well.
PM me at my email.
Considering a power upgrade?
First and foremost, focus on your tuning plan.

Tre_11 FLHX

11 103 FLHX-TW555 cams,10.5:1, FM 2-1-2 ex, FM heads, VPC, JP mufflers, PV tuner

tomp

I had to grind off some of the length on the Arlen Ness Big Sucker studs, as they were too long and didn't allow the filter to tighten up against the backing plate. All I did was to take the 3 studs off and grind some metal off of the back of them.

Tre_11 FLHX

Problem solved- thanks HERKO!!!
Mike