April 27, 2024, 08:02:18 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

security system question

Started by coolingfin, December 16, 2008, 01:07:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coolingfin

I just bought a used 2007 Superglide from an independent dealer.  It has the Harley Smart Security System.  However, I didn't get an owner's manual.  I need to know how to change the personal security code (the one you input thought the turn signal buttons).  Also, what is the factory default code, in case the original owner never reset it?  Thanks.

Coyote

Here is the procedure to change the PIN. Can't say what the default is but it shouldn't matter. Just set it to what you want.

[attachment removed after 60 days by system]

coolingfin

That's great, thanks!
If you don't mind helping again... once I've set the code...what is the procedure for using it?

Coff 06

Mine is an 06,the setting from the factory was the last 4 #s of the Vin.      Coff 06
06 FX Springer, 98",11/1,9B+4*,HPI 55/58 /5.3inj,HDSP Pro Street heads,123/118

Coyote

When I do it, the first thing I do is mess up and set off the alarm.  :wink:

Then I do this...

[attachment removed after 60 days by system]

coolingfin

Thanks for the help... especially the scanning of the manual pages... I really appreciate the effort. :up:
I reset it tonight...it appears a zero cannot be in the code... something to keep in mind if you're conjuring up a number.