April 27, 2024, 02:26:44 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

seat for shorty on a sporty

Started by parkeroh, December 16, 2008, 02:00:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

parkeroh

My wife is 5'2" and has a 2004 1200 Custom, forward controls, 4.5 gal tank.  She needs about an inch shorter seat in order to sit flat footed and have better leverage when backing up the bike.  Also, she slides back on the stock seat because of how it slopes away from the tank, so has to put a roll bag behind her for support.  Any recommendations on a comfortable low seat?  She would like to have a 2-up seat. 

Panzer

Park,
A lot of people recommend the "Sundowner" seat for comfort.
I don't know if it will sit her down lower or not.
I've heard of others lowering the back end by using different shocks and that has a positive effect on the feet to pavement.
It will lower the bike the 1" you're looking for.
Putting on different seats is an expensive way to go, especially if one doesn't work and you buy another......and another.
The shocks work without question, for foot placement.
Buy once and your done.
As for her slipping back on the seat "fix'...........I'll leave that to the others to say.

What puzzles me is, she is 5'2" and has forward controls?
I can't fathom that.
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to change the toilet paper.

4speed

corbin makes the seat its called lady something i put it on wifes bike 07 883 forward controls,she says shes 5 foot 2 i just agree shes is around 5 foot and the seat  is lower and she want slide back hope this helps
Danny                                                               Ride Safe

Gogsy

Try the Ultima Gel seat,half the price of others and is very comfy,reduces height by 3-4 inches.

shobby dobby

i put a corbin close solo on wife 01 sportster and she really love's it  she has about 15,000 miles on it   it is a hard seat but she never complain's        i got a harley  badlander on my wide glide   after 60 miles i have to stop   wife is still ready to go

shobby dobby

96FLSTF

Corbin Close Gunfighter on wife's 05 XL1200C. At 5'2" also she loved it. Also had the backrest. But a bit on the exensive side.

Gene
05 95" FLHRSI
96 FLSTF ("Street Stalker")