May 05, 2024, 01:01:58 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

150 on rear 02 bagger

Started by Admiral Akbar, December 16, 2008, 05:37:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

black_bagger

Thanks FLTRI and Fatboy.  Called the sales guy back and switched to a 140 before the tires shipped.  The difference between a 140 and 150 is not a big deal for me since I will be running a skirted FLHX fender.

Admiral Akbar

Well I did install some 08 FLHX rims

An modify the rear to works with a 150.. I had problems with axle sizes.  But added a 0.25 pulley spacers, milled the caliper 0.11 and made a new pulley side axle spacer..

http://harleytechtalk.net/htt/index.php?topic=2715.0

" Ordered a new set of rims today - going with an 18x3.5 rear and a 21x3.5 front. "

Since you are using rims (ie spoked wheels) you can offset the rim to one side without changing any spacers.. The rim will more 1/4 inch easy by loosening left side spokes and tightening the right..

"Always took you as the resident anti-bagger guy."

Not an anti-bagger guy, just like to pick on them.  :wink:

Max.

Admiral Akbar

I should add this is a semi skinny metz. Equivalent of about a 145mm tire but I have clearance for a large 150... Max

black_bagger

No spokes on the project bagger.  I have 80 spokes on my FLSTS and the EGlide has the stock 40 spoke rims.  I can't take cleaning another friggin spoke.  Going for more bling with chrome billet wheel in the attached file. 

I ran a 140 Metz on a 2002 Road Glide some time back with no problems at all.  I know it isn't difficult to get the 150 to work, just too lazy too take anything else apart on the bike (its stripped down to basically the motor, frame and front end).  It's time to start puttin it all back together.

Thanks again.  By the way, your RKC looks sweet with the FLHX rims.  Gotta love black and chrome...

[attachment removed after 60 days by system]

Al

i have a dunlop mu 85x16 d402 on my 02 flhtcu i also have a metzer 150/80x16 me880 on my 01 fxdwg, the dunlop is a full 140 measuring close to 143 mm inflated, the metzler on the otherhand is undersized and would also be about 140-142mm inflated you need to check brand by brand as there can 15 mm differance.

jambo

December 30, 2008, 07:02:38 PM #30 Last Edit: December 30, 2008, 07:10:16 PM by jambo
2000 softail standard not a bagger put a 150 Dunlop, fit no problem, I did trim bolt inside fender and used narrow nut :smilep: :smilep:

Mrbill7788

i run a 150 , no proublems, black hills ken set me up with a spacer with  a lip to center the rear pully , have had 0 proublems..Bill..

FLTRI

Quote from: Mrbill7788 on December 31, 2008, 08:16:22 AM
i run a 150 , no proublems, black hills ken set me up with a spacer with  a lip to center the rear pully , have had 0 proublems..Bill..

Bill,
The model year makes a difference because of the differences in belt widths. What year is your bike?
The best we've experienced is the best we know
Always keep eyes and mind open

Mrbill7788

Its a 02 ,   flhr we went with avon,  works great.......

FLTRI

Quote from: Mrbill7788 on December 31, 2008, 09:15:42 AM
Its a 02 ,   flhr we went with avon,  works great.......
Good for you. :beer: Glad to hear you got that tire to fit and are happy with the Avon.
The best we've experienced is the best we know
Always keep eyes and mind open