08 Screamin Eagle rear rotor turning color from heat.

Started by SE113, December 16, 2008, 07:30:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SE113

Harley has installed 2 new rear rotors on my 08 Screamin eagle springer in year. The rotor keeps turning color in the center.  They installed a new caliper last week and a new rotor. Picked the bike up road it home 40mile ride the rotor already turned.  It has the floating rotors.   I would like to know if anyone that has a screamin eagle springer check and see if there rotor has turned.
SESG

RevFastEddy

When you say center do you mean the solid inner part of the rotor that bolts to the rim??   Or center of the outside disc the break pads ride on??   When you say turn color..what color?
SAEPE EXPERTUS, SEMPER FIDELIS, FRATRES AETERNI
Vietnam 67-68, Red Beach

SE113

Bronze in color not where it bolts on, Its a floating rotor its turn right where the rotor comes together with center of disk right under the pads.
SESG

MontePopham

SE113

What? (Caliper) Do you know what a floating brake rotor is? They installed a new caliper and a new brake rotor.
SESG

Clintster

My Bro had an 05 RK that kept overheating the rear brakes.  The local HD shop, just kept hanging parts.  While out on the road it smoked another set of pads.  He found someone who figured it out, the bracket for the caliper was out of alignment.
Drive fast, take chances

SE113

SESG