April 27, 2024, 09:29:06 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

A Quieter Muffler?

Started by hdxbones, August 31, 2010, 04:04:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hdxbones

Picked up a new RG Ultra last weekend, with the factory 103. I'll be putting the new 254E cams in it in a couple of weeks,  SE breather and SEST. Not my first choices for parts, but it gets me in the direction I want to go, and the warranty stays good. I have V&H 4" rounds ordered, how loud will they be with stock headpipes? My previous 103 had Rush mufflers on true duels, I'm hoping this one will be a little quieter. Any other suggestions?

seminolebagger

I suspect with the cat in the header, they will be fairly quiet. Probably sound nice.  The Screamin Eagle 65115-10 is the same as the old 65115-98b and I heard that it sounds pretty mellow on the cat headpipes.  Nice rumble but not too loud. 

Eglider05

I've got a set of 3 week old Khromewerks 3.5"HP+ mufflers that would work pretty well and would make you a good deal on. http://www.khromewerks.com/(new products). Excellent condition except for curb boo boo on the bottom of one which isn't visible when mounted. Pm me if you want some pics.

Rick

Snuff™

Quote from: seminolebagger on August 31, 2010, 04:49:03 PM
I suspect with the cat in the header, they will be fairly quiet. Probably sound nice.  The Screamin Eagle 65115-10 is the same as the old 65115-98b and I heard that it sounds pretty mellow on the cat headpipes.  Nice rumble but not too loud.

xbones,

I'm running a set of 65115-98b on my 2010 Ultra.  Just as seminole stated, "...nice rumble, but not too loud."

-Snuffâ,,¢ :beer:
Every day, I'm one day closer...  WTF!  I'm not near 70 yrs. old!

Jeffd

Bakon

I put VH Monster ovals on my 2010 Limited. Not loud, slightly deeper than stock. Changed the headpipes a few weeks later to lose the cat, no noticable difference to me (used to Rinehart Tru Duals on the Streetglide) wife says its slightly louder with new headpipes (VH powerduals).
wasting time