May 02, 2024, 04:41:01 AM

News:

73 dual plug heads

Started by ricochet, September 10, 2010, 08:31:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ricochet

I got a hold of some decent dual plug heads for my 73 stroker.  Found it unusual that the extra plugs that enter between the pushrod tubes were milled into the heads straight in as opposed to at an angle like all others I've seen.  Real nice job of fitting the plug below the top fin on that side.  Less conspicuous.  Other's I've seen go in at an algle and take out that fin and a bunch of material sometimes weakening the center rocker cover bolt holes.  Also odd is that even though the regular plug holes are threaded 14mm these extra holes were tapped 18mm and have steel 14mm inserts.  That seemed weird to me.  These heads have all Ampco guides.  The intakes must have been redone recently as the valves and guides seem new.  Exhaust on the other hand were very egg shaped and valve stems lost a lot on their diameter.  Having this fixed and fit up with Manley .490 lift spring set and seals.

ricochet

bobrk1

sounds like the ones I had in my shovel, had it done in 86 by a company in CA. After a while the inserts came out with the plugs had it redone local and they welded the hoels up and put in a real small plug worked out great.