May 01, 2024, 10:03:40 PM

News:

Extended brake pedal

Started by FATZ, December 17, 2008, 08:11:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FATZ

Can someone tell me if the extended brake pedal will work on a 95 Fat Boy that has the cover that goes over the rear master cylinder? Does the cover get in the way of the brake pedal during operation? I just don"t want to spend the money to find out there is a problem. Thanks in advance................. Fatz

ModelABob

Don't exactly know what ya' mean about an extended brake pedal.  But for my '94 FLSTN Softail I bought a later
model H-D (2003,4,?) brake pedal that placed the actual foot pedal higher and further forward.  Giving me more room
on the foot board.  I got it off eBay for minimal money.  I also have a stock H-D cover on the rear master cyl. and in no way does it effect the pedal.  Hope this helps.... :teeth:

AMF/Ride Safe :wink:
To Ride, Shoot Straight & Speak the Truth.....  J. Cooper

hdjax2

My buddy put the Kuryakin extended brake pedal on his 97 Fatboy and had no clearance issues that I am aware of.
Stuck in Lodi, Ca

FATZ

Thanks for the response. I will purchase one. ............ Fatz

BK Meyers

Quote from: ModelABob on December 18, 2008, 04:44:46 AM
Don't exactly know what ya' mean about an extended brake pedal.  But for my '94 FLSTN Softail I bought a later
model H-D (2003,4,?) brake pedal that placed the actual foot pedal higher and further forward.  Giving me more room
on the foot board.  I got it off eBay for minimal money.  I also have a stock H-D cover on the rear master cyl. and in no way does it effect the pedal.  Hope this helps.... :teeth:

AMF/Ride Safe :wink:

Regarding the later model brake pedal you are using, what bike family/model is it from??

Thanks,
BK
1996 Road King

ModelABob

BK,

Darn it, it has been so long ago I can not remember the exact model/s. :embarrassed:  I'm wanting to say it was a
2000 and something Roadglide, but I'm just not sure. :emsad:  Hopefully someone else will jump in and know for sure.

Merry Christmas & AMF/Ride Safe :wink:
To Ride, Shoot Straight & Speak the Truth.....  J. Cooper

truck

I put the extended pedal on my 2001 Ultra, saw it in the MoCo accessory catalog around 2003.
I believe the extended pedal became standard on the FLT's around the 2002 model year.
Listen to the jingle the rumble and the roar.