April 27, 2024, 02:22:37 PM

News:

Harley Wiring Color Code

Started by Evo160K, December 18, 2008, 10:19:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evo160K

Does anyone have or know where to find the Harley wiring color code for Evos?  I'm thinking certain colors should represent certain functions, such as ground, power, etc, etc.  TIA

Evo1

The shop manual has the diagrams with the color codes. Ground is green others will vary to help tracing.

baldoldfxr

It varies depending on year but generaly orange is tacho,horn,brake lights etc. green,brown,violet are turn signal.
black,white,grey are starter related. blue lights. there are others, are you looking at something particular?.

Evo160K

Trying to determine if there is a consistent color scheme.

Reddog74usa

Yes the color scheme is consistant.
RIDE IT LIKE YA STOLE IT

Evo160K

Reddog,

The info in the above post by Baldoldfxr is what I have in mind.  Do you know if there is a list or schedule that shows this in more detail?  Thanks

Reddog74usa

It's in the schematic in the back of the service manual.
RIDE IT LIKE YA STOLE IT

Evo160K

Thanks Reddog, 
Yes, I saw where Evo1 mentioned the service manual.  I was hoping perhaps someone had already made a list of the wiring colors with their purpose.  Thanks again.

Xanadu

Evo,

I did a control upgrade on my 93 fatboy to 96 and up controls, and there were wiring color differences at the handlebar controls for the different years.  I do remember that the 96 and up had one less wire with a ground splice in the switch wiring that I had to account for when I made the retrofit change.  I have my notes and can send them to you if you would like, however I am not sure there is some spec showing harley wire color codes.