May 07, 2024, 09:28:54 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Ultima 127 Exhaust

Started by 1997bagger, September 17, 2010, 08:54:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1997bagger

Looking at a Ultima 127 for a winter engine change, have both Rinehart TD and 2-1 Pro Pipe. Enjoy the sound of the Rineharts, will the torque of the 127 overcome the midrange flatness of the TD's?
The Pro Pipe is smooth power and would complement the 127 power but will it be restrictive on the big end, Road King and ride 2 up at times but solo out the bike and run hard with my light bike buddies, looking for some opinions of some bigger cube riders.
What's wrong with having the only Evo in the parking lot?

Devo

I don't know about your two pipes, one of the tuners may chime in but the 127 runs like a raped ape with the Borezilla. I they make a loud and quiet version, both perform the same.

Reddog74usa

The Bassani Road Rage also works very well with that engine
RIDE IT LIKE YA STOLE IT

4DogsanaHog

I put a Ultima 127 inch/48 mm Mikuni carb on my 98 FLHTCUI . Exhaust is a RB Racing Pro Stock Spyder 2 into 1
I have nothing to compare the exhaust to, but the bike runs like a bat out of hell!
You can't get rid of a bad temper by losing it!

1997bagger

Thanks guys, 3 different exhausts for referance, plus the 2 I have. That spyder looks like a leave me alone system but all have their advantage. I can see alot of research coming up when the weather turns cold.
What's wrong with having the only Evo in the parking lot?

chief66

I've ran a dual thunder header set-up on my 1997 127" Roadking for a couple of years now.  Love the sound and runs great but I am getting killed on the dyno at 117hp.  I am looking for different exhaust myself but still want is as loud as hell.  I heard bub makes an exhaust that kills it on the 127".