May 09, 2024, 10:12:24 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Which carb intake flows better the 27613-99 old style or the 27613-06 new style?

Started by todd10, September 21, 2010, 07:34:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

todd10

Jeffd

back when they first came out the consenous on this site is that the 06 should be better because of there distinct Vee shape but soon after it was reported taht the old ones might actually be better as it may break up fuel flow better.  I used both and felt no difference in a mild build.

prodrag1320

if you really want to know,and have a new one laying around,send it,we`ll put it on the flowbench and find out

mayor

warning, this poster suffers from bizarre delusions

Sonny S.

Mayor, isn't there some flow data somewhere that PHR and I gathered ?
I thought Bruce has flow data too.
You keep all that stuff  :wink:

RevFastEddy

SAEPE EXPERTUS, SEMPER FIDELIS, FRATRES AETERNI
Vietnam 67-68, Red Beach

todd10

Admiral Akbar

Quote from: Sonny S. on September 22, 2010, 08:01:07 AM
Mayor, isn't there some flow data somewhere that PHR and I gathered ?
I thought Bruce has flow data too.
You keep all that stuff  :wink:

Nothing on o6 later manifold but the SE didn't do but about 3% better.. If the heads only flow about 120-125 probably won't make much difference..

http://www.box.net/files#/files/0/f/14044446/1/f_378786618

Here's the comparo.. lost what 3% from early cv40 man to SE.

Max (aka Bruce, loose bolts, a$$hole and other names)

mayor

Quote from: todd10 on September 22, 2010, 11:21:14 AM
Running stock 06 heads
still won't make a difference  :wink: 

Here's something I found doing a yahoo search:
http://www.neverworld.net/socalnetscum/files/tech/HD_TC_IntakeFBStudyRel1.pdf
...it looks like there's some data there that might be of interest (pay attention to page 15 :wink: ) . 

Sonny, I don't think Red did any '06 manifold testing. If I mind correctly, Mike Roland (from Kuryakyn) advocated using the old style rather than the V style.... :nix:

Dr. Fever....your linky no worky...it wants us to use your password to log in.  You mind posting your password?  :hyst:
warning, this poster suffers from bizarre delusions

Sonny S.

At the time I asked Mike Roland about the 06 Manifold he had no negative comments about it as he had not tested it. He didn't think the " V " in the 06 was enough to worry about.
It was during a thread about an S&S manifold that I asked...IIRC