May 04, 2024, 01:12:12 PM

News:

A and B flywheels

Started by RK103, December 18, 2008, 05:26:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RK103

It seems I read on the old HTT a long while back that you could use the B wheels in an A motor by removing the balancer gear. Anyone confirm this??

FSG

choseneasy

I think you are right -- I remember hearing that somewhere.  I'll give you a bump if nothing else.

RK103

Well, now I can tell you they don't. Pics to follow.

RK103

[attachment removed after 60 days by system]

RK103

RK103

This is an 02 "B" wheel set that I got from a member here but can't use it in my "A" motor so it's for sale. Trued an welded.

quikbike

Ed how are you doing? Busy with the sleds? You me and Bobby got to get together sometime.

jeff
I hate snow

RK103

Been kind of slow up till x-mas. Now it's balls to the wall. Took in 5 sleds a motor and 2 cranks yesterday.

choseneasy

I could have swore I read that they  could be swapped. Hope I didn't mislead you.
   Have you guys had much snow yet-- you are in Montana IIRC?
  Thanks for posting the pictures anyway.

RK103

December 30, 2008, 07:20:13 PM #10 Last Edit: December 30, 2008, 07:23:02 PM by RK103
I was sure I had read that on the old site also, but asked to be sure. Oh well as you can see from the pics, the pinion race is farther out from the wheel. Hopfully I can sell it. It's an 02 with 1800 miles. Trued to .0002 on sprocket side and.0009 on pinion.and welded. I picked them up because low milage forged wheels are hard to come by. I'm in maine.

choseneasy

Shouldn't have any trouble selling them with with those numbers.

nome

OK, thnik I'll bump this back thru, as it could save someone some major costs~~nome

Deye76

Quote from: RK103 on December 30, 2008, 07:20:13 PM
I was sure I had read that on the old site also, but asked to be sure. Oh well as you can see from the pics, the pinion race is farther out from the wheel. Hopfully I can sell it. It's an 02 with 1800 miles. Trued to .0002 on sprocket side and.0009 on pinion.and welded. I picked them up because low milage forged wheels are hard to come by. I'm in maine.

RK, do you work on the flywheels yourself? For others?
East Tenn.<br /> 2020 Lowrider S Touring, 2014 CVO RK,  1992 FXRP

FSG

RK thanks. I'll now have to drag out some of my older books.