Exhaust for rigid w/kick and elect. start

Started by svlhdleo, December 19, 2008, 12:45:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

svlhdleo

I have a Paughco rigid frame with a shovelhead engine, 4 speed trans,enclosed primary, wrap around oil tank,elect.and kick start. I am having trouble finding a set of exhaust for it. It seems that I can find one for kick start only or can't be used with wrap around oil tank.The set I have on it now came off a FLH and hangs a little low with the rear under the trans. and the front under it. What have you all used and maybe a picture would be helpfull too.
Thanks,
Leo

panz4ever

Have you looked at eh Paucgho catalog. They have 30 pages of pipes for shovels. Granted not all are applicable, but several include rigid frame models, some state kick only, and about the only exception I see frequently notice that some will not work with the huge FL style battery that HD ran from 65 to 84. You might think about calling them as well. Years back i ran run of their frames w/ a pan and think I went with the over the tranny for the rear pipe. Later I changed it to the shotgun style.

shov60

RB Racing makes a real nice exhaust system there kind of high priced but they work on kick and electric shovels and they sound great too. s60

Lew

Paughco would be my first choice also.  Been running with their pipes for over twenty years.  First rate stuff IMO....
-It is now later than it has ever been before-

randallwhitman

If you're looking for a really well performing muffler set, try Khromewerks.  They're the folks that sell the famous drag pipe baffle that everybody raves about.  Randy
Freedom Behind Bars
103" Shovel
103" '07 FLHX

ol skool rules

if you use the rear under the trans you need to get the 36" ones. don't think paugho sells them, only the 40"ers. actually saw a set of 34"ers on ebay yesterday. i got 36"s on mine pic below. also another pick with a set of paugho upsweeps i had on it before. just to show you that the rear over the tranny will work with a wrap around oil tank. most any shovel exhaust will work on your bike. most of the specs your reading about the different limitations are for stock bikes.

randallwhitman

Quote from: ol skool rules on December 27, 2008, 12:02:18 PM
if you use the rear under the trans you need to get the 36" ones. don't think paugho sells them, only the 40"ers. actually saw a set of 34"ers on ebay yesterday. i got 36"s on mine pic below. also another pick with a set of paugho upsweeps i had on it before. just to show you that the rear over the tranny will work with a wrap around oil tank. most any shovel exhaust will work on your bike. most of the specs your reading about the different limitations are for stock bikes.

Paughco sells them in 34 inches.  I know because they may be my next pipes.
Freedom Behind Bars
103" Shovel
103" '07 FLHX

ol skool rules

QuotePaughco sells them in 34 inches.  I know because they may be my next pipes.

cool good to know i be checkin into it. my 36's drag a little on a hard right turn. but thats why they call um drag pipes lol

svlhdleo

Thanks Old Skool Rules for the pictures. I have pipes 
like the ones on the bottom picture, and they do scrape on the curves.
Thanks again,Leo

pappyfreebird

cuttin wheel ..the cheap n easy way!!! nuttin wrong wid 28s