May 08, 2024, 02:44:39 PM

News:

Sportster Wheelie Pics

Started by Smokin Sam, October 05, 2010, 12:32:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smokin Sam

I want to see some pictures or vids of Sportsters doing wheelies.   If your decker does a wheelie that would be cool too!
Here is one to start us off!

Back tires, Smoke em if you got em!

LilEvilAmy

How's this? (my avatar and my daily driver)

Same bike, but no wheelie this time   :smiled:
Amy runs 11.57 on her Harley Sportster @ Ubly Dragway 07/25/'10

Not a Sportster, but our friend Kevin's '98 Heritage Springer did a couple of good wheelies one day.
Kevin's wheelies - Ubly Dragway, Sept. 2007
~ Li'l Amy & her "Evil Twin" Snortster ~ Detroit, MI ~  ~

Smokin Sam

Thats what I'm talkin about!!! Nice run on the Sporty! It takes alot to get into the 11s on a V-twin  street bike. Hats off to you! Big wheelie on a big bike too!

More, more......!

Panzer

Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to change the toilet paper.

LilEvilAmy

Thanks guys - I've got lots of them!  Some of these are taken from the videos, so the pix are kinda fuzzy.   :embarrassed:
Our friend, Gordon (aka "FXDRYDR") on his Dyna

Another friend, Dave, on his 124" bagger.  I've seen this bike run the 1/4 in 10.95! 

Lisa on her Sporty

Not a wheelie, but Don has a smokin' Road King

Not a bike, but a sweet '57 Chevy

and one last video (don't make fun of my red fingernails)   :smilep:
Amy runs 11.66 @ 112 mph on her Harley Sportster

Smokin Sam

October 08, 2010, 10:03:01 AM #5 Last Edit: October 09, 2010, 04:12:29 PM by Smokin Sam
It's nice to see people REALLY RIDE their bikes! I don't mind seeing a cage if it can wheelie. Heres another little "popper."

Stay on topic... Sportster wheelies....

Smokin Sam

October 26, 2010, 04:35:58 PM #6 Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 01:10:07 PM by Smokin Sam
Gettin outta the hole! Putin the screws to a turboed V-rod.

Lets see some one else post up some wheelie pics too!

Blackcherry Low

Quote from: Smokin Sam on October 26, 2010, 04:35:58 PM
Gettin outta the hole! Puutin the screws to a turboed V-rod.

Lets see some one else post up some wheelie pics too!

You took care of a V-Rod??  Cool!!

Smokin Sam

I've wasted several of them now. The guy in the pic put the turbo on for that reason. Another one was done stage one with a Thunderheader, air shifter, a "track only" bike but still street tire, no bar. 2-3 tenths no problemo!

Blackcherry Low

Quote from: Smokin Sam on November 01, 2010, 01:13:35 PM
I've wasted several of them now. The guy in the pic put the turbo on for that reason. Another one was done stage one with a Thunderheader, air shifter, a "track only" bike but still street tire, no bar. 2-3 tenths no problemo!

So what's the story on your build?  Sounds like quite the machine.

Smokin Sam

It is an 89 cu inch (1460cc) S&S kit that I have sweetened up a little.  :potstir:

Blackcherry Low

Damn, I guess!  That's cool, I'd like to hear that one run, I bet she really roars when you break out of the hole.

Smokin Sam

November 01, 2010, 04:12:31 PM #12 Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 04:17:36 PM by Smokin Sam
You can hear it doing a burnout if you go to pics and vids on my website, it is the top vid under Smokin Sam. That is a buddy next to me in the orange cage and I can't let him get one up on me. That is likely a third gear tire bake, thus the handle.

Blackcherry Low

That's too sweet man!!  I love how it starts to squeal a little right towards the end as you're backing off on her.  Sounds nice, gotta be a blast to ride.

LilEvilAmy

Quote from: Blackcherry Low on October 31, 2010, 08:38:46 AM
You took care of a V-Rod??  Cool!!
V-Rods are easy!!  And my little daily-driver snortster is still only 74" (1200cc).  :smiled:
The same guy came back the next year with a slick.  :smilep:
Amy beats the V-Rod at Ubly Dragway 08/27/06

Smokin Sam

November 04, 2010, 09:43:27 AM #15 Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 09:56:22 AM by Smokin Sam
Hey thats cheating! This is a wheelie thread and your using an "anti wheelie device" to TROMP that Vrod! Excellent run, you just smoke him outa the hole. Your bike runs awesome but to me that is operator skill!
The only traction device I use is my fat a$$ in the saddle. If ten lb is an HP you must have me by ten horse too.  :hyst: