May 08, 2024, 08:42:54 PM

News:

TTS first impression

Started by Sam45, October 05, 2010, 04:31:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sam45

My bike with the SE down load was popping pretty much all the time in 2nd 3rd gear deceleration once in a while on acceleration. 
SE intake
fuel moto head pipe
Se nightstick with 8 disk closed end cap.  I dont want to be real loud and at the time was thinking when I removed cat. head pipe that 8 disks would pick up a little back pressure.  I think it sounded better with 8 disks did not like the wiffle ball sound of 10 disks.  "going to change to different muffler in a month or 2".
I used  CTB009-01  Do you guys think this is a good starter map?  I run the bike with just that canned map.  To be honest I am impressed at how much harder the bike pulled.  Not wanting to invest to much time in tune runs will be putting in cam etc. real soon.  I just wanted bike to run better for the next month probably out of the month may only ride 3-4 days.   
Canned map moved the popping in the pipe higher up in RPM pops some now in 4th gear on deceleration and very little if hardly at all in lower gears the sound of bike/pop is different "deeper"  On one hare acceleration did get a slight pinging.
I am really surprised how much harder bikes pulls cant wait to get cams etc.  Over all seems like it should tune ok in the long run.  I really think I will find a dyno tuner when I am done with cams etc. 
any advice for a short term tune? 
Thanks