May 02, 2024, 04:50:51 AM

News:

S&S quickee

Started by -JC-1, October 10, 2010, 07:54:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

-JC-1

just opened a package of s&s quickee pushrods, they are all the same length.

first i have seen this, the instructions say there are 2 short and 2 long, but that is not the case in my package.

i am wondering if it makes a difference?  by my measurement the exhaust on adjustables is about .160 longer, enuf to be a problem, or should I call S&S tomorrow?

TIA

joe
04 FLHT-S&S 124-Baisley-640ez-xxx super g-IST-02-FXST 103 NRA Patron SAF Life

kjd

Send them back and get Zippers taper pro push rods. The S&S usualy hit the push rod tube at the top.

Hillside Motorcycle

Quote from: -JC-1 on October 10, 2010, 07:54:44 AM
just opened a package of s&s quickee pushrods, they are all the same length.

first i have seen this, the instructions say there are 2 short and 2 long, but that is not the case in my package.

i am wondering if it makes a difference?  by my measurement the exhaust on adjustables is about .160 longer, enuf to be a problem, or should I call S&S tomorrow?

TIA

joe

S&S has manufactured great pushrods since 1958. Long before all others combined.
They have a STRONG handle on their products, in spite of who says what. Period.
Do not abitrarily send them back, in response to incorrect info you heard on the internet.
We use NOTHING but their pushrods here, with their tube kit. Absolutely no issues whatsoever.
Scott
Otto Knowbetter sez, "Even a fish wouldn't get caught if he kept his mouth shut"

-JC-1

Thanks for the replys- I went ahead and used them,got it buttoned up a couple of hours ago and just got back from a test ride- alls good!

joe
04 FLHT-S&S 124-Baisley-640ez-xxx super g-IST-02-FXST 103 NRA Patron SAF Life

Hillside Motorcycle

Otto Knowbetter sez, "Even a fish wouldn't get caught if he kept his mouth shut"