April 27, 2024, 10:50:03 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

flhx streetglide frame cracks

Started by flhami, December 19, 2008, 10:51:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flhami

I have a 2006 flhx streetglide. The frame is cracking just behind the swing arm pivot blocks. The bike has only done 35000km. Is anybody else out there having frame cracking problems with touring models?

ViennaHog

deanz110

My son has a 2008 FLHX and his  frame cracked right at the kick stand mount. What tipped us off to the problem was the extra low strange looking angle the kick stand had when the bike was parked. HD replaced his frame under warrintee. If I remeber correctly, the bike had less than 2,000 miles when this happened.

Flat Dog

deanz, did the bike not 'sit' right when the stand was down? When I try to park my 08 Ultra, it seems to almost want to fall over when I lean it on the kickstand. Just wondering if mine has the same problem. If the frame is cracked, I'd rather have a refund, and keep my evo...

Deye76

East Tenn.<br /> 2020 Lowrider S Touring, 2014 CVO RK,  1992 FXRP

deanz110

John, sorry it's taken me so long to reply. Yes, the bike was only weard looking when on the side stand. We thought at first the nut that holds the kick stand on had come loose. It leaned way over when parked. Upon closer inspection, it looked to us like the weld that holds the lower engine guard and kick stand mount were never a complete weld. Don't know if it's done by machine or by a guy having a bad day. Our problem really began when the bike was reassembled. We had an alighnment problem and went through six broken belts before it was fixed right. I think you are correct in pushing for a new bike or refund. It would certantly avoid the problems we had with ours.

RK101

December 23, 2008, 01:24:18 PM #6 Last Edit: December 23, 2008, 02:29:06 PM by RK101
Gentilemen I removed those  :potstir: post lets not even go there. Get back on topic. Or walk away.
Do not take life too seriously.  You will never get out of it alive.  ~Elbert H

02FYRFTR

Quote from: RK101 on December 23, 2008, 01:24:18 PM
Gentilemen I removed those  :potstir: post lets not even go there. Get back on topic. Or walk away.

Thanks !!!