May 10, 2024, 12:06:17 AM

News:

FRANK SCHULZ AKA "HIPPO"

Started by Glide-Rider, October 22, 2010, 10:57:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glide-Rider

October 22, 2010, 10:57:40 PM Last Edit: October 23, 2010, 12:33:08 AM by Glide-Rider
I have very sad news.  Hippo went in for a triple bypass surgery today.   I got a call from Debbie (Hippo's ex wife) tonight that Hippo died at 10:35 p.m. Friday 10/22/2010.  Due to heart failure.
Pete
Warner Springs Ca.

Scotty

IndyHarley

Member since 1865
Founder of IN PGR - Legion Post #186 Commander

FSG

My heart just sank and there's a tear in my eye, a friend's in town so we'll knock off a few bottles of red tonight to farewell a friends passing.   :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Vale to Frank Schulz , aka Hippo

Note the spelling, no T in Schulz.

Glide-Rider

Sir Garfield,
You are correct.  There is no T.  His ex (Debbie) said she would call me sometime on Sunday.  I will keep post updated.
Pete
Warner Springs Ca.

starrider

crazy joe

Thoughts and Prayers go out to his Family and Friends.

muleheel

RKRuss

The Hippo was certainly a huge help to many on this board.  His legacy will no doubt live on in the many 'Hippo Build' engines powering members bikes. 

I'm thinking he'll be having a good yarn with Samuel about now.

RIP Hippo.

ViennaHog

Met him so to speak on the previous board and when I was in the US at the for a vacation we met 2005 at his home in the Phoenix area and we went out for a short ride. Had a few beers at a local watering hole and talked life, motorcycles and everything. Very honest, friendly guy whom I will never forget. A big loss for everyone who knew him in person.

Grumpy : (

Sad indeed, I talked to him a few times and met him once.  We'll miss you, Frank.
Make the Day Yours!
Ormond Beach, FL

Hillside Motorcycle

Never met or talked to him, but respected him for his knowledge.
God's Speed. :emsad:
Scott
Otto Knowbetter sez, "Even a fish wouldn't get caught if he kept his mouth shut"

HDDOC

2019 Tri Glide

Joncin

Very sad news.

Frank and I probably logged 40,000+ miles together and he was part of the family. Maybe I'll post some pictures later.

RIP my friend

mayor

RIP Hippo.   :sad:  very sad news indeed.  I've never met Frank personally, but his knowledge as touched many of us. 
warning, this poster suffers from bizarre delusions

02roadcling

Bummer.  :sad: Bought a few vpc's for my friends, used cams, and always enjoyed email conversations. Lots of knowledge gone.

cling
02roadcling
NW corner of Washington

Big Dan

I'm stunned. Patti will be absolutely crushed. Rest In Peace, Mr. Hippo. For a little guy, you left a big whole in this world.

(Mr. Hippo is the name his mom hung on him when he was a little boy)

Pete or Jon... PLEASE let us know what the arrangements are.
Never follow the Hippo into the water.

Fxstchewy

Sad news to hear, R.I.P. Hippo.
"I'll keep my freedom, my guns and my money. You can have the change."

sbcharlie

it was sad to hear the news, he going to be missed around here. he was so interesting to talk to and had such vast knowledge. i really going to miss you hippo. short blockcharlie

nome

harpo1313

R.I.P. hippo. thoughts also for family and freinds.

50Panhead

I to had the great pleasure of riding and having a few drinks with the Great Hippo. RIP my Friend   :sad: :sad: :sad:
What Do You Care What Other People Think

Sonny S.

October 23, 2010, 05:38:00 AM #22 Last Edit: October 23, 2010, 06:25:13 AM by Sonny S.
wow...that's a shame ...very sad news indeed
R.I.P. :sad:

Tsani

:sad:R.I.P. Hippo. Peace to his family.
ᏣᎳᎩ ᎤᏕᏅ ᎠᏴ ᎠᎩᎸᏗ ᏔᎷᎩᏍᎩ ᎠᏂᏐᏈᎵ
ᎠᏎᏊᎢ Leonard Peltier

autoworker

:sad:Sorry to hear. :sad:

I always enjoyed his presence here.I felt honored when he replied to my questions during my first HD TC build.

RIP HIPPO
It must be true,I read it on the internet.