April 27, 2024, 03:16:23 PM

News:

Where did everyone go?

Started by 04customking, November 03, 2010, 01:19:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

04customking

Holy crap this place is dead. Did everyone sell their bikes or what? The last post was more than 2 weeks ago. What's the world coming to?  Jim
Jim  '54 FL Pan. '04 RK Custom

xlfan

panjs

My old girl  :rose: has the battery charger attached and is about ready for a nap until Spring.

I'll have to wake her up just long enough to change the seat.

moose

winter is coming and pans will be coming out, everyone was too busy riding them to be on line
Moose aka Glenn-

Mule

This site has been dead for a while, But I still drop by everyday to see what's happening...How about a pic of my gas tanks, The hi fi purple and birch white...They came out cherry..if I can get the final assembly finished she may be going in a Calender shoot this month...Mule...

[attachment removed after 60 days by system]

panjs

HogMike

Nice paint!
Makes me want to re-paint my '65!
Hate to tear it apart, it runs so nice stock!
HOGMIKE
SoCal

Snuff™

Every day, I'm one day closer...  WTF!  I'm not near 70 yrs. old!

tomcat64

jr

just shows ya that the pans don't break down like the twinkies,nothing to talk about......jr

twincamzz

your paint turned out really nice Mule. Can't wait to see some pix of the completed bike !  :up:

Me, I'm still out there trying to squeeze in that last ride before the weather turns too cold for my skinny little azz. In another thread here in the Pan section I mentioned finding a very nice replica speedometer for my '61 Pan. Finally got that baby home last week ( first one shipped had a small crack in the glass & was gladly replaced.)  This may sound nuts to y'all, but it bothered me to have to "give up" the 4039 miles that's I've racked up on the old girl since I got her back together & in the wind last year. I installed a V-twin  Panhead speedometer at that time. It did it's job but didn't say Harley-Davidson on it like the new one does. My solution was to hook a cable to the new speedometer & use a drill motor to spin the other end. Once I get the mileage where I want it I'll install it in the bike.

Started out averaging 45 MPH so I knew it would be slow process, but I now have over 2800 miles on it. Stranger yet is the fact that my drill motor seems to have picked up a few MPH as it now can do a whopping 48 MPH. This all in the span of a week. Who knows how fast it will run by the time this little project is complete !  :scratch:

not all who wander are lost...

Pzokes

My wife got cancer and I've spent all my time taking care of her.  Then we moved back to FL because she wanted to die there.  We rode together for 41 years.   She always loved the sound of Harleys, and the smell of a hot Harley motor cooling off in the garage.  I had one of my Panheads running outside the bedroom just before she died. Most of my bikes and parts are now in two storage units.  This winter I intend sort out everything I have stored., and finishing the chopper that I previously posted pictures of.

There's miles to go before I sleep.

BART

Pzokes;

Sorry to hear about your wife passing.  Hang in there. 

BART

BART

I haven't been able to ride much this year.  My right hip has gotten pretty bad.  I have to use a walker to get around.  I'm getting a total hip replacement this Tuesday at Mayo.  The doctor told me the new hip will be as good when I'm 95 as the day he put it in.  I asked him, "Why only 95 - Do you know something I don't?"  I also told him when he gets done I want both legs the same length and both feet pointing forward. 

I'm looking forward to next year's riding as I pretty well missed this year.  I couldn't kick start the 50FL or throw my leg over the Road Glide.  I should be in good shape nest year!

BART

greybeard_541

I don't know about everyone else, but- I bought a house and have been really busy working on it this year- not much riding in but I figure it'll be a good investment and give me room for MANY projects. It's only a 2 bd, 1 bath but has 2 garages! One attached 24 x 30 and another detached 20x30. :)

Old Betsy just sits there in the garage right now, ready to go when I am tho...

04customking

Well, there are people out there. Good to "hear" from you guys again. All except Pzokes. I am so sorry for your situation. I sure wasn't expecting a response like that. Very sorry for your lose. I hope things get better real quick for you and yours. Good to see you on the board again though.   Jim
Jim  '54 FL Pan. '04 RK Custom

twincamzz

Pzokes, my heart goes out to you brother.  :sad: I can't imagine not having my riding partner of 26 years, much less 41. I'm sure it makes you smile when you think of all the miles you two must have shared. Good luck to you man.
not all who wander are lost...

panjs

Sad to hear of your loss Pzokes  :sad:

Mule

Pzokes ,  I don't have the words man! Incredibly sad but heart warming as well, She was blessed to have you to share her life with... best wishes for you and yours...Mule...

panheaddreamer58

Boy you can tell the age group here by reading the post here. Sure sorry Pzokes for your loss of so many years and Bart with your hip problems. My riding came to a halt this fall, I was diagnosed with Cold Agglutinin Disease. I said what the hell is CAD, and probably all of you to, to the doc, and he said in a general, I cannot get cold! When my blood comes in contact with cold, my red blood cells start dying! Doc says I might get over it or have to live with it. They are still taking blood test about ever 4-5 weeks.Thats going to be hard for a Mo. boy and one that loves to ride to keep warm. If when you get cold and your fingers, toes, ears or nose turns dark purple or black, you better go get checked. Maybe Phoenix, here I come!  :nix: Folks you better enjoy life while you can ,if you can!
Jim :soda:

Deye76

Pzokes, my heart ache's for you. Hope the healing is speedy. Best Wishes
East Tenn.<br /> 2020 Lowrider S Touring, 2014 CVO RK,  1992 FXRP

iiggii

Pzokes

There's miles to go before I sleep.

Snuff™

Pzokes, I’m not very good with words, especially at times like this, but I have to say I’m sorry to hear about your loss. :sad:  May God be with you.

-Snuffâ,,¢
Every day, I'm one day closer...  WTF!  I'm not near 70 yrs. old!

Fred Pickering

Pzokes
Iam sorry to read this about your wife we just spent the last 6 months on the road with a Chopper dubbed Diamond P i had it built by Vinnie and Cody of Vforce Customs or better known from there time on American Chopper the bike was painted by Justin Barnes of JB Grafixs all for ACS i lost my father to Cancer and wanted to pay it forward and this project has brought me to a place that at times i know what were doing is working towards helping the Cancer community but it doesnt help with the mourning or loss of someone we love .

www.DiamondPChopper.com is our website it shows the events we have been to and also the build pics and unvieling all done to remember those like your wife and millons fighting everyday may god bless you.

Fred