April 27, 2024, 10:44:24 AM

News:

Rocker box metal gasket question

Started by flhpolice, December 21, 2008, 12:47:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flhpolice

hello everyone. I need to replace rocker box gaskets on my 94' EVO. The question is: there are replacement sets of rubber gaskets (a few gaskets per set) and on other hand different set made by cometic which has only one piece metal-rubber gasket. I'd like to do the job all by myself, have no idea which set should i buy? Which is better?
Thanks and Mary Christmass to all of you.

96flhpi

Metal/rubber is for rocker box to head.  Rubber sets are for between the sandwiches of the rockerbox itself.  If you're just taking off top and middle rocker sections all you need is rubber.  If you're removing box from head you need both.

ClassicRider2002

December 21, 2008, 04:19:49 PM #2 Last Edit: December 21, 2008, 04:37:16 PM by ClassicRider2002
Your answer will be found in the "THREAD/LINK" below, SIMPLY CLICK, VIEW, & READ:

ROCKER BOX GASKETS~FXR*                                                         
                 *Within the above attached THREAD I am "FXR2evo99". 
                 There are a total of 43 posted "REPLYS" into this THREAD, and basically starting at "REPLY" #23 begins
                 where you will find the most interest. "REPLYS" #23 - 31 are the most informative for any EVO ENGINE
                 Some of the information within this "THREAD" will relate to working within the "frame" of the FXR butttttttttt
                 "REPLYS" #23 - 31 will be "UNIVERSAL" to the application of any EVO ENGINE .  This "THREAD" also shows
                 photos of the actual gaskets and part numbers that I have used on my EVO ENGINE [99' FXR2] which have been
                 successful.

Even though the above "THREAD/LINK" mentions "FXR" what is mentioned will work for your 94' evo, just so you know.

Regards,

"Classic"
MIGHTY MOUSE CAM
LOW END TORQUE JUNKIE 2

flhpolice

thanks a lot Classic. The subject is now much more clear to me.
g.

ClassicRider2002

MIGHTY MOUSE CAM
LOW END TORQUE JUNKIE 2