April 28, 2024, 03:43:43 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

What about CP Pistons for a 95 bb

Started by ambush, December 21, 2008, 01:01:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ambush

Was just introduced to the CP as an option for 95BB project and not being familiar with them I would like to get some input from the gurus on here. Please don't feel like you have to be a guru to respond though :teeth: all input is welcome. Remember, I have an opinion and you are entitled to it.  :wink: Ambush
03 Ultra Classic, 117ci

deuce 06

I've talk to several builders, T-Man per, R&R cycles, Short Block Charlie, Bob Woods and they all say they are good pistons. I'm doing a 95 build, R&R ported heads,615 gear cams, pistons with 4.6 cc dome CP pistons. I wanted the skirts coated and CP sent then out to have them done, they look great. 
06 DEUCE
95 CI SE HEADS WITH R&R PORT
R&R 615 CAMS W/ CAM PLATE CP PISTONS

biggzed

Head Quarters uses CP pistons primarily. They sure look nice, we'll see in another couple of days how they perform. I'm sure they will be great.

Zach

Reddog74usa

I have a new set with cylinders bored to match in the tc swap section along with a bunch of other stuff pic included.
RIDE IT LIKE YA STOLE IT

HIPPO

IMO depends what you are building.

If the build requires forged pistons then no problem.

GoFast.....

I order all my pistons from CP They have quality piston and sell a ton of Harley pistons
Nothing like the Sound of a Harley and the Smell of Rubber

sharkoilfield

Friends, brothers and I have about half a dozen HQ build's between us, all with CP pistons...Doug (HQ) gives good advice and if he likes CP so do I...been working well for all of us...

Coff 06

I just got my set of CPs from Randy,King of Cubes@Hyperformance,for my 98" build.   Coff 06
06 FX Springer, 98",11/1,9B+4*,HPI 55/58 /5.3inj,HDSP Pro Street heads,123/118

HIPPO

Quote from: sharkoilfield on December 21, 2008, 04:27:27 PM
Friends, brothers and I have about half a dozen HQ build's between us, all with CP pistons...Doug (HQ) gives good advice and if he likes CP so do I...been working well for all of us...

Doug's stuff is some of the best stuff out there.
When did he start using these pistons exclusively?

OKLARACIN

MOST OF THE BIKES IN THE NITRO CLASSES RUNNING WITH THE AHDRA INCLUDING MINE RUN CP PISTONS, THEY ARE A GREAT PRODUCT, :up:

Hillside Motorcycle

CP, J&E, Ross, Wiseco, etc., does not make a damn difference whatsoever.
From what I see, it is what is available, and who is willing to manufacture what is needed.
Otto Knowbetter sez, "Even a fish wouldn't get caught if he kept his mouth shut"

HD/Wrench

December 22, 2008, 06:20:21 AM #11 Last Edit: December 22, 2008, 06:22:56 AM by GMR-PERFORMANCE
We have gone to only CP pistons on kits that we are boring. Our 98 kits and 107 are CP only,  tried others not worth the trouble.
M5070 FT piston   = 9.1
M5017 4.6 cc dome = 9.5
M5061 9.7 cc dome = 10.1
M5020 14.5 cc dome = 10.5

What Part of OK are you from??
Have two kits going to OK city  first of the month. 

OKLARACIN

OKLAHOMA CITY,  I OWN AND RUN VEE TWIN PERFORMANCE HERE IN OKC. HOME OF THE QUICKEST AND FASTEST HARLEY IN OKLA. :smiled:

Hillside Motorcycle

Otto Knowbetter sez, "Even a fish wouldn't get caught if he kept his mouth shut"