May 09, 2024, 01:20:05 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Dyojet Power Vision

Started by djl, November 08, 2010, 01:33:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jamie Long

Quote from: 1FSTRK on November 09, 2010, 11:53:26 AM
Quote from: Jamie Long on November 09, 2010, 11:07:26 AM

One of the best features and my personal favorite with Power Vision is the ability to view and edit the factory calibration. You can simply retrieve the stock (or current) calibration with the PV screen and then send it to WinPV where you can then view and edit the calibration as required. The ability to read and write the cal is an awesome feature 

Finally.How many times have we asked for this feature?
The time saved by starting with a known running map and just tweaking the needed spots will alone make this worth it. Not mention being able to see what stock map settings correspond to which trouble areas.

That is truly an awesome feature and has helped considerably with Power Vision tuning time

hrdtail78

Getting and looking at the stock calibrations is a nice feature.  Is this done with the module or the computer based software?  I am heading toward this with my questions:  Will I be able to look at any MTE file or just what one bike has?  Can I look at the MTE files I have saved from other ECM's?  And lastly.  Will I be able to download and look at ECM maps that others have programed into the ECM by means of mastertune or SESPT?  I can see how this last one will cause some problems.
Semper Fi

hotroadking

What about maps for the new programmer, will they just pull in the maps available from
the other pc units into this application?

Can you actually edit cells in the maps with the tuning device such as ve, afr etc?

Jamie Long

Quote from: hrdtail78 on November 09, 2010, 01:13:05 PM
Getting and looking at the stock calibrations is a nice feature.  Is this done with the module or the computer based software?  I am heading toward this with my questions:  Will I be able to look at any MTE file or just what one bike has?  Can I look at the MTE files I have saved from other ECM's?  And lastly.  Will I be able to download and look at ECM maps that others have programed into the ECM by means of mastertune or SESPT?  I can see how this last one will cause some problems.

You can save/edit any calibration from the ECM the Power Vision is married to. Once the calibration is retrieved from the ECM with the Power Vision and saved as a "stock calibration" it can then be loaded into a slot on the Tune Manager. You can then browse and import the tune to the WinPV software and view/edit as desired. You can only view and edit calibrations from the same bike as the Tune Manager is VIN specific.

Jamie Long

Quote from: hotroadking on November 09, 2010, 02:03:51 PM
What about maps for the new programmer, will they just pull in the maps available from
the other pc units into this application?

Can you actually edit cells in the maps with the tuning device such as ve, afr etc?

Power Vision has the ability to import Power Commander maps which will be very handy for earlier models, however there will be a wide range of maps developed specifically with Power Vision. Fuel Moto has also been working on PV calibrations for the 2010 and 2011 Touring models and should have a good variety by the time the product starts shipping.

With Power Vision you have access to a wide range of tables including the following:

Front/Rear VE
Front/Rear Ignition timing
AFR/Lambda (you can display as AFR or Lambda)
Idle RPM
Rev Limiter
IAC Steps
Throttle Blade Control on Drive by Wire models
Injector size
Cranking Fuel
Acceleration enrichment
Deceleration enleanment
PE fuel
PE spark
Warmup Enrichment
Speedo Calibration
EITMS
Knock Control
Adaptive Knock
AND MORE.........

1FSTRK

Looks like there's a new sheriff in town.
"Never hang on to a mistake just because you spent time or money making it."

Jeffd

Lots of other manufactures will be scrambling and I bet HD is too. :bike:

Steve Cole

Guys, do not take this the wrong way but what is there to scramble over? Dynojet introduced this at the HD summer dealer show and now again at SEMA. They cannot tune anything more that is not already out there. Yes, it has a nice display but as far as tables to tune and constants to adjust it doesn't do anything more and not as much as others. So if your looking for a LCD display to be on your bike it's a nice option, but if you think it's going to allow you to tune more items to get a better tune it's just not there. It allows you to tune one bike and what they showed at SEMA and what they told me as we went through the software, then what Jamie says are two different things. So let's see what it really is when it comes out.

I am sure it will be a nice unit and an option for those who want a LCD display. As for changing the tuning market we will have to wait and see.
The Best you know, is the Best you've had........ not necessarily the Best.

Don D

Jamie
Are they going to offer the option on the ETC bikes to toggle off "speed limiter" and "torque limiter"?

Jeffd

November 09, 2010, 09:30:15 PM #34 Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 09:33:47 PM by Jeffd
Reply 10 looks like dynojet literature.  It appears that for the average joe it would be a cheaper and easier option, maybe not tho.  For me it would be cheaper because no lap top needed.  msrp 550 and minus 20% depending on where you get it pretty good price.

FBRR

For tuning it would be nice to see the O2 sensors on the "logging".
The other BIG question is how fast are both the "LOGGING" and display?
( It will be interesting to see if the logging and/or display are recording actual ECM LOOP times? )

Jamie Long

Quote from: Deweysheads on November 09, 2010, 08:46:03 PM
Jamie
Are they going to offer the option on the ETC bikes to toggle off "speed limiter" and "torque limiter"?

There are not tables for speed or torque limiters within Power Vision, and because these strategies change based on model year, calibration level etc.. it is not as simple as toggling them off and on in the calibration, however there have been some corrections as necessary

Jamie Long

Quote from: wurk_truk on November 10, 2010, 06:01:00 AM
can it collect data from the bike?  For later viewing?  Like spark retard actions, etc.?

Yes you can log all ECM channels on the Power Vision and export it to the log viewer for review

Jamie Long

Quote from: FBRR on November 10, 2010, 06:19:20 AM
For tuning it would be nice to see the O2 sensors on the "logging".
The other BIG question is how fast are both the "LOGGING" and display?
( It will be interesting to see if the logging and/or display are recording actual ECM LOOP times? )

With the factory nbO2 sensors you can display Front/Rear O2 voltage, Front/Rear Closed loop integrator, Front/Rear AFV, and VE/VE New is also helpful. I will try to put together a small video to show how the display functions

Jamie Long

Quote from: wurk_truk on November 10, 2010, 08:08:55 AM
Cool.  Could you check with DJ and get back with us on the speed limiter and the torque limiting functions?  We are kind of a 'nuts and bolts' crowd on this forum.

With the maps that will be available, DJ may have a nice product forthcoming.

As far as 'older maps'... if those are PC maps... how does that really help us?  I don't see PC maps changing cam timing, etc.

Can you clarify for us?

I cannot post how Dynojet engineers worked around ECM strategies and protocols, that is their information not mine to share. As far as converting PC maps they have hundreds and hundreds of them, many of them with different cams which will be a big help for earlier models. Currently and going forward they are putting a huge effort in Power Vision calibrations. 

hotroadking

The advent of more base maps with closer or exact timing
on cams and/or any other "requirements" such as displacement etc will be
great....

FLTRI

Quote from: hotroadking on November 10, 2010, 11:00:13 AM
great....
From a tuner's perspective, knowing injector output vary +/- 10%+, makes it the luck of the draw to get a good/close base map.

Canned maps do not work very well IMO, based on my experience.

Now a software product that enables the tuner/user to effectively address EGR, cam timing, and exhaust anomalies is much better way to address the idiosyncrasies of builds.

Hopefully a company will address these issues with software the tuner/user can modify how the system handles these issues.
Bob
The best we've experienced is the best we know
Always keep eyes and mind open

Jamie Long

great....

Yes, that will be nice. Another great Power Vision feature is the ability to save and label a single table as a Value File. For example if you have base timing table or say a specific Lambda/AFR table you developed, you can easily place the Value file to any calibration, no opening/closing multiple maps or copy/paste required 

Jamie Long

Quote from: FLTRI on November 10, 2010, 11:44:53 AM
great....
From a tuner's perspective, knowing injector output vary +/- 10%+, makes it the luck of the draw to get a good/close base map.

Canned maps do not work very well IMO, based on my experience.

Now a software product that enables the tuner/user to effectively address EGR, cam timing, and exhaust anomalies is much better way to address the idiosyncrasies of builds.

Hopefully a company will address these issues with software the tuner/user can modify how the system handles these issues.
Bob

You need to start somewhere, wouldnt it be nice to have the closest map possible, or a wide range to choose from?

strokerjlk

QuoteYou need to start somewhere, wouldnt it be nice to have the closest map possible, or a wide range to choose from?
yes that will be nice . cant hurt.
the way I see some bikes run after a so called dyno tune. the tuner would have been better off loading a canned map and leaving it alone.
I see a new trend on the way here.....dyno operators loading several canned maps and doing pulls until they get one that runs decent and makes decent numbers. then here you go .thank you very much. there is a lot of that going on already,just see it getting worse. if the data base gets larger . not knocking the product Jamie..... just saying.
Looks like a nice product :up:
cant wait to see how it looks at AFV'S
A scientific theory summarizes a hypothesis
repeated testing establishes theory

hotroadking

Thats happening already, tons of users buy HD cams, filters and slip ons, and a SESPT,
it gets rolled on a dyno, they upload a canned map, make three pulls and hand the bike
and dyno sheet back to the user, who, unlike many here understand thinks it's been dyno tuned

Having a starting map that is closer to your needs would seem to allow both the
home tuner and professional to go through many maps, find the best and then
tune from there, saving time, wear and tear on equipment, and possibly increasing
the profitability of tuning an EFI bike..

FLTRI

Quote from: hotroadking on November 10, 2010, 12:21:19 PM
...would seem to allow both the home tuner and professional to go through many maps, find the best and then tune from there, saving time, wear and tear on equipment, and possibly increasing
the profitability of tuning an EFI bike..
I do exactly that now and can say it takes about 10-15mins per cal to test a calibration for usability.

You need to load the cal, bring the temps to norm, make a couple pulls, then check the part throttle AFRs. Then repeat the procedure until you are happy with a starting calibration and reload that to start the process of tuning.

If you need to go through say, 10 cals to get to the best one to start with, you are talking the better part of 2 hrs. :emsad:
Bob

slik rik

When I see a thread like this all I can think of is this thread

How to get BEST 'Home Made Tune?

http://harleytechtalk.com/htt/index.php/topic,26424.0.html

This thread has widened my eyes to this whole industry of EFI tuners. I read all of this and now have a very clear picture of what is needed in a EFI tune....without a four gas analyzer forget it....canned map will do most fine on the street....just my .02 :gob:
Lots of toys, but no time

lonewolf

Quote from: slik rik on November 10, 2010, 03:57:54 PM
I read all of this and now have a very clear picture of what is needed in a EFI tune....without a four gas analyzer forget it....canned map will do most fine on the street....just my .02 :gob:
Not doubting a 4 gas, but have you ever ridden a properly afr tuned bike?

FLTRI

FWIW, 4 gas analyzers are absolutely required for emissions testing but are of little use in performance markets. If they were all high dollar/performance racing engines would be 4 gas tuned. They are not.

Bob