May 08, 2024, 10:47:31 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Dyojet Power Vision

Started by djl, November 08, 2010, 01:33:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lonewolf

I am definately not as up to speed on gas analyzers as I would like to be. Understanding the levels of each gas in relationship to each other gives a great insight into what is happening, whether for tuning or diagnostics, for example working the timing tables at less than wot. I think the downfall is most are 12v portable units and are just to slow.

1FSTRK

Quote from: FLTRI on November 10, 2010, 11:44:53 AM
Quote from: hotroadking on November 10, 2010, 11:00:13 AM
The advent of more base maps with closer or exact timing
on cams and/or any other "requirements" such as displacement etc will be
great....
From a tuner's perspective, knowing injector output vary +/- 10%+, makes it the luck of the draw to get a good/close base map.

Canned maps do not work very well IMO, based on my experience.

Now a software product that enables the tuner/user to effectively address EGR, cam timing, and exhaust anomalies is much better way to address the idiosyncrasies of builds.

Hopefully a company will address these issues with software the tuner/user can modify how the system handles these issues.
Bob

It's great that everyone is trying to make a better home/self tuning device.
I personally hire a pro to tune my bike because it's cheaper to pay him than to pay to fix my mistakes.
I do stay during the tuning process and as this is my hobby I read here and try to stay up to speed on all this.
I would love to see a device for the professional tuner to use to address the things Bob spoke of. I would think that with all the ECM controls and monitors that I would be able to make my new bike run better than my old carb bike. By that I mean we have talked long hours about how the carb adds fuel based on air pulses from the motor and if we could use a computer to add fuel when we want to then we would not be a slave to these pulses.  This would allow a much broader control when testing different combinations. If I can't trynew things I don't spend money, If I wanted what everone else has I would have left it stock.
All that said, I still Love this sh*t.
"Never hang on to a mistake just because you spent time or money making it."

bbrowncods

If it will tune over 80 kpa on wideband, it already beats TTS in my book.

Jamie Long

Quote from: bbrowncods on November 11, 2010, 05:44:31 AM
If it will tune over 80 kpa on wideband, it already beats TTS in my book.

With Auto Tune Pro and the optional AT-100 dual Wideband module you can tune the entire range of the calibration, or just parts of it as you can pick the AFR data you would like to apply to the cal

hrdtail78

How much is retail on everything one needs to tune the entire range?  Including the optional AT-100.
Semper Fi

Jamie Long

Quote from: hrdtail78 on November 11, 2010, 07:56:08 AM
How much is retail on everything one needs to tune the entire range?  Including the optional AT-100.

Power Vision MSRP is $549.00 and the AT-100 MSRP is $369.00

FLTRI

Can a tuner buy 1 system and make his living tuning bikes from 1 purchase?
Thanks,
Bob
The best we've experienced is the best we know
Always keep eyes and mind open

Jamie Long

Quote from: FLTRI on November 11, 2010, 10:14:12 AM
Can a tuner buy 1 system and make his living tuning bikes from 1 purchase?
Thanks,
Bob

Like other flash tuners, Power Vision marries to a single ECM

hotroadking

hotroadking

Jamie how does it mount to the bars
does it have a ball to fit with Ram mount
or do you have to buy a mount or
does it come with the mount..

I know the questions are mounting... ok that was bad....

Jamie Long

Quote from: hotroadking on November 11, 2010, 01:38:40 PM

You could use a Ram mount, Techmount, and most common GPS brackets will work to mount the unit. The mount is not included with the PV, we are working on a simple mount for either the clutch/brake clamp. 

Mr. Wizard

Jeffd

looks like a good use for industrial velcro.

Eleft36

Quote from: Jeffd on November 11, 2010, 02:34:03 PM

looks like a good use for industrial velcro.

Yes jeffd, to mount it on the forearm, it may not be possible to read on the "A" motor bikes handle bar at idle. :hyst:
Al
103" SE BB Andrews 26H's 2010 110" mufflers
Ride every chance I get, above 36*f

hrdtail78

Yep. Sensors last forever.   :crook:
Semper Fi

hotroadking

jmo a screw setup to match the ram diamond mount,
the diamond ball is $8 or so, sell it with it, a 3 inch arm and U mount as an option.

then they can hook up Ipod, Camera, GPS whatever...

Jamie Long

Here is a quick Power Vision video that goes thru some of the features

PV_SEMA FULL.mp4

Don D

May have been answered already but does the PCV have any autotune feature, data logging and then commit to program, similar to what the competitors have?

Jamie Long

Quote from: Deweysheads on November 12, 2010, 08:17:43 AM
May have been answered already but does the PCV have any autotune feature, data logging and then commit to program, similar to what the competitors have?

Yes, there is Auto Tune Basic which allows you to populate the VE tables with the factory nbO2 sensors, and there is Auto Tune Pro which uses the optional AT-100 with dual Wideband sensors 

Don D

Very interesting
What is the advantage to the wide bands and that added module?

Jamie Long

Quote from: Deweysheads on November 12, 2010, 09:25:02 AM
Very interesting
What is the advantage to the wide bands and that added module?

The Wideband sensors give you the ability to sample/tune the entire VE table, and the WB can sample over a much broader range than the stock nbO2 sensors. With Auto Tune Pro you can set your AFR/Lambda table to your actual target from approx 11:1-17:1 AFR, rather than an area where the stock nbO2 sensors will switch 14.6:1 (+/- .5)   

wurk_truk

Uh Oh!  I can hear them coming around the bend.... the wide band police!!! :teeth:

They gonna make you look like the chicken leg in a Tums commercial!!!!!
Oh No!

Don D

I can see how being able to sample and tune the whole operating range is a valuable feature, that is nice and me I don't give a rats arse about what I screw into the pipe to get that. I assume then the narrow bands would go back in after the tune is done and this tune will run in closed loop, or at least the portion chosen by the end user to be controled by the narrow bands?

Jamie Long

Quote from: Deweysheads on November 12, 2010, 12:46:50 PM
I can see how being able to sample and tune the whole operating range is a valuable feature, that is nice and me I don't give a rats arse about what I screw into the pipe to get that. I assume then the narrow bands would go back in after the tune is done and this tune will run in closed loop, or at least the portion chosen by the end user to be controled by the narrow bands?

Yes, you could develop your tune with the WB sensors over the entire map, you can also go back in and retain normal closed loop operation with the factory nbO2 sensors based on the targets in your AFR/Lambda table

Sam45

I think i have read that the DPV will store up to 6 maps?