May 02, 2024, 02:00:37 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Snow is beyond evil.....

Started by Big Dan, December 21, 2008, 04:31:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Dan

Looks like I'm not going anywhere for a while.
Never follow the Hippo into the water.

Grumpy : (

Why, is the snow over the floorboards?

G  : (
Make the Day Yours!
Ormond Beach, FL

maineultraclassic

I just came in from doing the yard.......there was a good 10-12" out there and it's still snowing hard. Wind is howling so the snow is drifting like crazy. Supposed to stop snowing here around midnight........so I'll be up at 5am snowblowing again. When it's all done, I'll probably end up with around 14-16" from this storm......and we just got 6" on Friday.

I've had enough of winter already.............no power for 3 days last weekend, and 2 feet of snow this weekend........and today is the official first day of winter.

Steve
2005 Ultra Classic
95" Powered by Big Boyz,Woods,Doherty,TTS,Fatcat,Hillside TB

96flhpi

Dude, who sawed your front door in half? :smile:

I know it sucks, but I gotta say I love that picture.

truck

Looks like the storm door didn't do it's job.  :crook:
Listen to the jingle the rumble and the roar.

HIPPO

That calls for Arkansas "spring water" and hibernation.

ΚĜΗΟŜΤ

Here is Mass.......Tax a chusetts, It started snowing Friday at aprox. 1:00 PM in the afternoon. It stopped Sunday night at aprox. 10:00 PM.
I would estimate we got at least at my area Aprox. 16 + inches.

I dont get it thought, Pushing the snow with a 3 inch wide tire shure takes along time, used a ton of gas too!! But the bike is all shiney after all the snow melted off it and I was able to do burnouts without any smoke...................YEEHAAAAAA!!!!!!!!

[attachment removed after 60 days by system]
Member since 2004

Dennis The Menace

Nasty stuff, for sure.  I guess I will put the bike back together this morning and go for a ride today.  I'll be thinking bout ya. lol

We have had a bunch already in Denver, and more to come for sure.  Just good to have a greak now and then to get out and ride.

menace

RK101

Oh Wow Dan looks like somebody didn't shut the storm door tight enough. :emsad: All we got down here in the southern part of Pa was some ice and allot of wind. The end of my driveway looks like someone broke a couple hundred bottles on it. It's actually just ice falling from the tree branches. Good luck guys, be careful and don't over do the shoveling. I lost a neighbor that way about 10 years back. Real shame he was a good guy in his late 40's and in good shape and you never would have guessed it would happen to him. Think warm thoughts and drink lots. :beer:  Salute RK101
Do not take life too seriously.  You will never get out of it alive.  ~Elbert H

cheetah

And I thought 20 deg. and wind blowing was cold in Georgia. My blood is too thin for that kind of weather. I feel for ya!

C
Live Every Day if it was your Last
Cause it just might be

Big Dan

Yeah it's a real mess. The St. Bernard 'bout got stuck out in the back yard (a rare sight). Unfortunately, the storm door was left not entirely closed and the wind got in there. It's stacked up like that all along the side of the garage. On the good side, over the years I've coerced the entire family into buying 4wd vehicles so we can get in and out. It's just too cold for me to go out there and deal with it. I've got lung issues that won't stand for it. Currently -5, but going up to +4 today, and 23 tomorrow. So tomorrow I'll fire up the blower, the step-son will grab a shovel, and we'll give 'er hell.
Never follow the Hippo into the water.

vbftuc

Is that 4 degrees above 0???!!! Sat. & Sun. my buddy, his wife & son & my self put a couple 100 miles riding here in Tucson. Went up to Globe, through the mountains and came back and rode west of town out towards Ajo. Watched the sunsets on the mountains both evenings. Temps in the mid to upper 60's and not a cloud in the sky. I know you're going to say in the summer it gets to 110. All that means is it takes a little longer to get where you're going cause you got to stop every 25 miles for a cool "refreshment" rather than every 50. Think warm thoughts