New Guy from Massachusetts

Started by bryco13, November 10, 2010, 10:05:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bryco13

Hey all, just found out about this site from the Harley Shop Talk Forum, hopefully here i can get some more clear advice and answers. My name is Bryan and I recently moved from southeastern Ma to central Ma. Not new to motorcycles, but new to HD, and I'm currently working on a project for the upcoming spring. The bike is a 89 Sportster. Hope to bug you guys with questions!

icufltrn

Welcome from southeastern MA. I also have an 89 sportster project. I haven't been doing much with the sporty lately since I bought the road glide. Hope to start working on it again now that its getting cold. Great place to find answers.
2011 fltruse, 2001 fxdxt (traded in) 1989 sporty hartail project

bryco13

Nice! Where in southeastern Ma you from? i just moved from Mattapoisett. I'm onto wiring on my project right now, any advice or good diagrams around?
-bryan

FSG

QuoteI'm onto wiring on my project right now, any advice or good diagrams around?
Bryan welcome to HTT, check around the various Sections, you may find something now or at a later date.

=> http://harleytechtalk.com/htt/index.php/topic,16691.0.html

icufltrn

I live in New Bedford.  I've been usung the diagram from the shop manual. It's pk but kind of small and the colors of the wires are not real clear. 

Panzer

Just a suggestion, try going to the "EVO Sportster" section.
If you don't find what you want, just ask.
Welcome aboard. :up:
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to change the toilet paper.

bryco13

icu, i used to work in new bedford as a paramedic, miss the whaling city every once in a while, lol.
I took on a big chunk of my wiring today, i ended up having to make my own diagram due to the previous owner having sliced and hacked so many things, she's on her way though. I checked out the whole forum here, lots of good info for when i start workin on the rest of her.

icufltrn

I used to work at St Lukes and still live close by there but now make the trip to boston 3 days/wk. Well worth the drive. I was working on the wiring on mine but haven't done much with it since I bought the new bike. Just started getting some things together so I can start the winter project again.

bryco13

you didnt have the big dark blue custom that was always parked by the old er entrance did you?

icufltrn

No that wouldn't be me. I have been worknig up in Boston last 12 years.