May 01, 2024, 09:52:20 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

2007,2008,2009 Derby cover

Started by fasteddiej, December 22, 2008, 06:29:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fasteddiej

I am looking for someone that can put a plug in the derby cover so oil can be added without pulling the derby cover. Has any one herd of this?
RIDE AND HAVE FUN

fxstdavew

No I don't know anyone but I would think any machine could help. with that said you can't tell if you need to add any oil unless you pull the cover so I don't see why it's needed.
Most bike problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebar to the seat

randyman

truck

The cover is probably too thin to accept a threaded plug.
I don't suppose you could pump oil in through the drain plug because of pressure build up could you?
Listen to the jingle the rumble and the roar.

verson22

I have one that goes on the adjuster inspection cover. Has a filler like an oil tank.

EagleFTE

How do you know if it is filled to the proper level?  Or do you just put in the spec'd amount in onces?

HotRock

Never thought much about it before, but why not just drill one of the cover screws all the way through.   It would be a small hole but after all you don't have that much fluid in there to replace anyway.   You would have to use sealant on the screw to prevent leakage. :idea: