April 27, 2024, 04:30:23 AM

News:

anybody run a ultima gel seat

Started by pappyfreebird, November 03, 2008, 05:41:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pappyfreebird

the lil lady kipte my lepara bare bones,,,sosin i bought a ultima same style but gel...ain used it yet..i been runnun a sprung solo...but new drive n primary chains seem to have cured the extree vibe i were gittun..so maybe go back ta my mustang n  this gel lowslung rig...any users of ultima gel seats?
ok maybe i jus wanted ta start a post on this here new site,,,but opinions on this seat be great too 8)

Mule

My wifes Shovel has a Saddlemen gel seat and she loves it...I have rode it and I don't like it at all. My mustang seat is way mo betta....Mule...

Lew

Yeah,,,I'm curious to know about this seat also.  Been thinking about buying one for my scoot.  Good...Bad...Ugly
???Lew
-It is now later than it has ever been before-

76shuvlinoff

Dunno about the Ultima but imho my Lepera bare bones gel is a tailbone killer after 50 miles. 
Critics are men who watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors.
 - Ernest Hemingway

pappyfreebird

yeup my lepara reg filled were too..but then again i thought it were jus my tailbone...but fer 50 less bucks i did the ultima n its gel too..so gel ain much better i take it..i r like you mark i run mustang solo fer trippon n the bare bones fer lookin cool(yea fug hey it dont help ,,but i try)..back ta seat, then tailbone n numb leg etc i switched her to dual glide sprung solo ...but bought nuthar baggar too (that 94 ultra) so prolly gonna go back ta tryun ta look cool...but i end up on the shovel all the time n that evil sits er lately sons ridin it..but i ain completely dead yet ,,when goin fer real jaunt i gits me a cassette wid sum good tunes ,n rubbarglide my way there

pappyfreebird

well headcase i r ,,i flew home afta werk yanked shocks n sprung solo brackets n seat etc..n flipped on my new gel,,, n made my escape fer the back roads...lovin it thinkon wow leg room n kin slide back n forth a bit ...but 56 miles later the numb wiley cyotee syndrom was upon me..long story,,but somehow i pinch a nerve in lower back n cause major tail bone n leg pain..that ive dealt wid but the numb willey well we jus cant have that!!!well new drive n primary chain n sittun up straight has helped a ton..but now the numb tool again with this seat :-\..stop n stand a second n good fer nuthar 30-50..its nawt from vibes its my seatin postion n shot ta L lower 4 discs..so my ony opinion on ulitima gel solo is was great while it lasted :'(

76shuvlinoff

paps,
how'd the sprung solo work for you distance wise?
Critics are men who watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors.
 - Ernest Hemingway

pappyfreebird

was good mark..ceptin too far foward n id try n slide back a bit which made tailbone perch right on the upsweep of seat(ouch).plus id awready mounted it back prolly 2'' s..but ya dont flinch on the bumps ...she do take em noicely..plus i rekon i liked the looks cause differnt fum evo body elses...squattun down low on this bare seat is cool thou..sprung solo is smoother on bumps n in vibration...soon as i peeled off wid this bare bones on ,,,i realized why the lil lady grows fangs n growls when i say i want my seat back...the vibes is there (wahahaha) n the bumps r sharper...this is terrible ain it ...prove i love my shovel ..i have the fuggan baggar but she sits n i keep tryun differnt things ta keep me on my beloved shovel

76shuvlinoff

I saw a shovel semi-bobber once where a guy mounted a larger solo more toward the rear. He used the seat post hole for the front pivot point and then had what looked like a small shock absorber or air cushion buried under the rear of the seat.  The rear fender was mounted to the swingarm (dare I say Rockerish) I only got quick profile look and shoulda took a pic but life doesn't work that way.

For blastin around it looked pretty kick-ass. The build was light weight yet it kept the swingarm suspension. On top of that the seat was low but still had some give. I would've liked to try it out.   
 - Ernest Hemingway

pappyfreebird

yeup i seen somthun like that befoe... i had my perch jus at the end of main backbone tube...ain long legged but 6 gal. tanks ill spread ya...ive been gonna do the fender to swing arm fer yrs...but aways had daughter that loves that ol shovel too.. lately ive said fergit it we run two up on the baggar...so i maight hafta do the fender swimgarm set up..thatll make her look lowdown no doubt n rekon be real easy jus tack n tab on each side n fab yer strut n id do a tab on pivot bolt arear too...but i promised nawt ta fug it up this winter ,,i have that jap chop to rebuild n a couple lil jobs fer bruthas..hey i did peel down 36 miles taday n no numb nothun..but then pop pop n diemmm no jiuce ,,then breaker kicks on(oh cheeyut)the idjut that jammed the new seat on pinched ignition wires,,mmmm eay fix but shouldnt a been a repair..oh well ifn i was perfuct ,,well i simply cannot git mo beutifuller so we ll leave it at that ;D

76shuvlinoff

paps,
  Good help is hard to find. I'm the first to say that the knuckle-dragger that does my assembly sure ain't worth his pay...

;)  later
 - Ernest Hemingway

Lew

LMAO at Pappy!!  Paps...seen your pic....so yeah we'll let ya slide brutha!
Lew
;)
-It is now later than it has ever been before-

pappyfreebird

yea hey yer checks r ina mail bruthas 8)