April 28, 2024, 01:32:24 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

S&S vs. Khrome Werks slip ons, dyna

Started by coolingfin, December 22, 2008, 07:32:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

coolingfin

My 100% stock 07 FXD needs some slip ons.  Anyone aware of any sound difference between S&S ($325) vs Khrome Werks 3" HP-Plus ($250), vs Khrome Werks 2.5" HP-PLus ($184).  The bike might get some mild upgrades in the future, air cleaner, fuel map, but not much else is likely, so I'm not too concerned about what works best with big cams or high flow heads right now.  Just looking for a nice deep sound right now.

rdkng

I dont know about the S&S sound, but I personally like the sound of Khrome Werks.
I have the slip ons my bagger.  HP+ on left and HP+100 baffle on the right side.
I'd describe the sound as a low rumble, too quiet for some folks, but I do long rides,
so I like 'em.  maybe about the same sound level as some of the HD SE's or perf muffs.
rdkng
Happy Motoring, Road King George

coolingfin

Thanks.
I just spoke with Khrome Werks.  They said the following:
Their 2.5" is louder than the 3".  The 3" has a deeper tone than the 2.5".  Both have the same baffles and flow the same rate.
S&S is louder than Khrome Werks.
Khrome Werks is similar in decibel level to Screamin' Eagle 2 (louder than the current offerings from HD).

boooby1744

autoworker

Cycle Shack mufflers are inexpensive,perform very well and have a nice sound.They are on the loud side however.I have the MT-129's on a 07 FXD and am very happy with them.
It must be true,I read it on the internet.