April 27, 2024, 03:14:05 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

2007 VRSCX

Started by brunothedog, November 20, 2010, 11:23:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brunothedog

November 20, 2010, 11:23:48 PM Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 12:02:03 AM by brunothedog
So, I've had my X about 3.5yrs now and will post what has been changed so far.
I redid the rear fender as a hard-tail with a removable passenger seat,

changed out the handlebars to Tommassi with Spliegler hand controls with CRG mirrors

BST CF rims with ceramic bearings, Swan Composite rotors

Diamond cut heads, Destroyer crank, CP pistons(1302cc) with HD StageII cams

VnH 2nd gearing, shift shaft, shift fork.

WP rear Shocks, Traxxion Front Cartridges

Plus, I cant remember all.

[attachment removed after 60 days by system]

x52gnr

Nice job...My 09 Muscle is getting ready for some winter mods...Just need the spare time and a weekend garage pass from the wifey..... :potstir:
2012 Heritage Softail
2008 Gl1800 (Gold Wing) Airbagger

brunothedog

more

Tbones

Nice mods to your rod, the only thing I see missing is a Trask turbo :).
=IF IT DON'T DO 150 IT AIN'T WORTH HAVING=

brunothedog

I really dont like the looks of the turbo hangin' off the side. a sleeper looks beter IMO
I have the 1302 build i  and at this moment am collecting pieces for a 1402 build.

Tbones

March 04, 2011, 04:09:31 AM #5 Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 04:16:09 AM by Tbones
Quote from: brunothedog on March 04, 2011, 03:22:18 AM
I really dont like the looks of the turbo hangin' off the side. a sleeper looks beter IMO
I have the 1302 build i  and at this moment am collecting pieces for a 1402 build.
Right on, should be a quick lil scoot when you get done with her.  If I can help you with your build (parts) give me a shout.  I'm running the Trask or I should say I was running it, I was rearended last September by a cager with no insurance, totaled the bike but it went down on it's left side so I was able to salvage the turbo, didn't get a scratch on it :).  I bought an 06 Nightrod to replace my 05B.  If you know of anyone wanting to exchange mid's for forwards let me know.  I don't like the mid's.

When and if the day comes I get my insurance to settle, I'm going to send the turbo back to Nick and have him install an external waste gate and manual boost control so I can to go 10 lbs of boost.  Nick's going to do some headwork for me to, I'll do the bottom end.  CP pistons, Carrillo rods, Doherty crank brace, oil pan and left side brace.  You know, the standard upgrades :)  Goodluck on your build she's looken sweet.  I like that passenger seat, that's trick look'en.

brunothedog

Just got done doin the 1302 BB, a couple more picts. i will start tryin' to tune her with the TTS soon.
I like it

Tbones

Nice look'en rod Bruno.  I like your tach, I run the white face Pro-cycle autometer.

pddredduece

I like your shift light, where did you get it?

Thundering6

How do you like the BST Wheels on your X?
The bike looks righteous with the stance and wheels combo!.
I like the tach also but could not go that way here in PA as its required we have a working speedometer.
Found this web forum last night while searching the wheels for my X and your thread came up........

P.S.-Since I am also a diiehard Mopar nut,I'd like to hear about the 68 Coronet in the background also,LOL. 
2007 VRSCX.....#66/1400

brunothedog

Quote from: Thundering6 on June 20, 2011, 05:53:05 AM
How do you like the BST Wheels on your X?
The bike looks righteous with the stance and wheels combo!.
I like the tach also but could not go that way here in PA as its required we have a working speedometer.
Found this web forum last night while searching the wheels for my X and your thread came up........

P.S.-Since I am also a diiehard Mopar nut,I'd like to hear about the 68 Coronet in the background also,LOL.
the rims make the steering much more lighter, and rideable, under the tach there is a speedo, motogadget mini,

and the Coronet is a work in progress,

Thundering6

Quotethe rims make the steering much more lighter, and rideable, under the tach there is a speedo, motogadget mini,

Thanks for the reply...
I missed the speedo and after you mentioned it I see it now(loosing my eyes maybe as I get older,LOL)
Where did you order your BST's from as I have been only able to find the rear that fits the smaller 180 rear?.

As for the Coronet being a work in progress,aren't they all,LOL.
I have a 69 and a 70 Super Bee,the 69 is a Butterscotch 6BBL and the 70 is a Plum Crazy/White Top-Interior 383 4spd A/C car.Love my Old Mopars and even my newer Twin Turbo equipped Dodge Ram 2500.Power is very contagious......You do really have a sweet looking ride with the way you have your X done.......
2007 VRSCX.....#66/1400

Tbones

She's look'en sweet, you've done some nice work on your Rod, congrats...

brunothedog

thanks, and welcome back tbones

Tbones

June 23, 2011, 09:52:41 PM #14 Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 10:02:41 PM by Tbones
Oh I still come here and read posts, I just don't post much anymore...  I've found another forum that is more to my liking with members that are a great bunch people made up of "real" bikers...  Not that there isn't "real" bikers here mind you, not what I'm saying but it is the only forum where I've actually met up with other members face to face...  You've done an excellant job on your rod, very nice work, clean, not a lot of gaudy do dads hanging off it...  Your eye for detail shows, we have similar tastes in how we like our motorcycles set up for riding... 

I'm bout ready to do the same with my 06 Nightrod, still have a couple other things to purchase, a solo seat and a Tach from Speigler Performance...  I still have my old tach (Autometer Pro-cycle) but this Speigler tach is nice, it's not as big as the Autometer and its basically plug and play you don't have to do any splicing of wires or adding on adapters to get the tach to work...  I know you know bout these products from Speigler but if others haven't you can go here to check them out...

http://spieglerusa.com/gauges-instruments/motogadget/series-classic.html

This is the tach I'm going to get, they also have a black face that's nice too...  PM if any of you want to know more about these products...  Take care...  T

P.S. I really like that rear fender, where did you get it?