May 09, 2024, 09:42:14 AM

News:

Where to buy Gerbing heated gloves???

Started by Justpassingas, November 27, 2010, 03:13:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justpassingas

I'm looking at the Gerbing T5 heated gloves on Gerbing's website for a $165 plus shipping and trying to find a better price anywhere else but I can't.....Any suggestions on where else to look???  I've checked e-bay,Amazon,J&P, and even DennisKirk and a few other links that popped up....BTW  the dealer wants $185 for heated gloves so I'm searching the net and probably buy right Gerbing....thanx
For Duty and Humanity

Coyote

If you have to have the T5's I think it's the wrong time of year to be looking for deals. The G3's can still be had discounted HERE. Or, if the dealer has what you want, maybe one of the 20% off places will work.

calgary56

Personal opinion, if you ride a LOT in cool to cold temperatures, bite the bullet and get yourself a pair of Gerbing T5's.

I'll be buying a pair this winter. The pair of Gerbings I have now (they didn't have T5's when I ordered mine 4 years ago) still work great, just aren't as tight fitting as they once were, but I'll still keep 'em as a back-up pair and use 'em in the rain. I don't mind wet hands, as long as they are 'warm' wet hands :)
Live Long, ... Out Ride the Reaper !

Coyote

I have some G3's, which I never used to use but now do since I lost my heated grips, but are the new T5's that much better? If so, how?

(I ask because I was never that impressed with the G3's. Although they do keep my hands from getting numb, they never really feel that warm to me)

Justpassingas

I saw that ad for the G3's but the T5's caught my eye....I'm sure their both quality products ....

Calgary....so where will you be buying them from???
For Duty and Humanity

calgary56

"Calgary....so where will you be buying them from" ... as much as I hate doing it, I'll get 'em on-line, direct from Gerbing.

(I hate it because no matter how much I plead with companies in the US to ship sh_t up here normal mail, they invariably ship it Courier, then I have to pay the damned Brokerage \ Courier fees, ............ still cheaper than buying them from any shop I've seen around here)

f-x-d-w-g

Dan
Tijeras, NM

Justpassingas

Thanx fxdwg ...free shipping will do it everytime
For Duty and Humanity

BART

I have a set of heated grips and the old Hippo Hands from the early 1980's.  As a result keeping my hands warm isn't a problem.  However a friend of mine purchased a set of the Girbing heated gloves and ran into a minor problem.  He puts on one glove and plugs it in.  He then puts on the other glove and can't plug in the second glove without help.  Thus he only wears them on occasion.  Anyone else run into this? 

Thanks

BART

Coyote

He should plug them both in before putting them on.

Sonny S.

Jeffd

Quote from: BART on November 28, 2010, 07:25:08 AM
I have a set of heated grips and the old Hippo Hands from the early 1980's.  As a result keeping my hands warm isn't a problem.  However a friend of mine purchased a set of the Girbing heated gloves and ran into a minor problem.  He puts on one glove and plugs it in.  He then puts on the other glove and can't plug in the second glove without help.  Thus he only wears them on occasion.  Anyone else run into this? 

Thanks

BART

is he safe to ride a motorcycle lacking this much coordination?  Reminds me of the joke where the object has "turn over" written on both sides.

I have never had an issue with plugging in my gloves.

Sonny S.

IndyHarley

November 28, 2010, 04:15:04 PM #13 Last Edit: November 29, 2010, 09:50:29 AM by IndyHarley
Gerbing makes HDs heated wear. However, I bought some from a Honda dealer because they were a tad cheaper than Gerbing online and saved the shipping. Note: I doubt if you will ever find a company that backs their product like Gerbing.

As far as having problems with getting them on - you should plug them both in first then put your hand inside one glove at a time. Some people.. oh well... I'll just be quiet as I am sure I've done some rather 'not thinking' crap on an occasion or two.
Member since 1865
Founder of IN PGR - Legion Post #186 Commander

calgary56

Just ordered a pair of T5's On-Line from Gerbing,

$169.95 for the gloves, $45.00 and change for UPS shipping + Brokerage Fees (so much for free f'n trade), so $215.00 US Dollars ($219.00 CDN Dollars), and they are STILL cheaper then I can find around here ($250.00 Plus) locally.

LT

I just picked up a set of T5's, a jacket liner & a dual thermostat from the local Honda dealer and recieved 10% by just asking. Never hurts to ask. Used them a couple days ago for the first time and at 30 degrees was warm and toasty. Can't wait until it really gets cold!  :bike:
'10 Streetglide 103" w/ 255's, Heavy Breather & D&D Fatcat
SE Compensator, TTS

hrdtail78

I would suggest buying them locally if you can.  The little bit of extra money you spend will come back around to you.
Semper Fi

Justpassingas

I e-mailed Gerbing directly and asked if they could ship to the Boston area for free and they said NO...so I bought them from Revzilla for the same price ($169.95) with free shipping and they'll be here next week
For Duty and Humanity

POORBOY

they have a online outlet were u can buy at half price. they are 2nd but what i have bought there was same as new with same warranty  .have not  checked but they do shut it down about this time of year
Poorboy   Moonshine  TN

Jeffd

Quote from: POORBOY on December 01, 2010, 12:43:38 PM
they have a online outlet were u can buy at half price. they are 2nd but what i have bought there was same as new with same warranty  .have not  checked but they do shut it down about this time of year

every time I have checked it sizes are like xxxs lol.

GaryD

I still have my big Gerbing gloves, I have no idea what number they're called. they are at least 10 years old with the male/female plug. I bought the adaptor to plug into my jacket liner with the single plug. So, until they wear out(very unlikely) I will not buy any new and improved gloves. The only problem I have are the pads at the tips of my fingers. No gloves will help that untill they wire the fingers from top to bottom instead of side to side, and Gerbing said they won't do that. Neither will Widder. I even have heated grips and those don't help either. I think if the grips were around 2-1/2" in diameter that would help, but that's too big of a diameter. If traffic isn't too bad, I'll raise up my knuckles so the pads rest of the heated area of the grips.
AMA Life Mbr.
USMC VietNam 66-67 3rd Tnk. Bat

calgary56

December 01, 2010, 03:37:32 PM #21 Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 09:23:15 PM by calgary56
Wow, that was fast, ordered my Gerbing T5 heated gloves direct from Gerbing in Washington, just before Noon Monday, they arrived today (Wednesday) at my door in Calgary.

These are a good looking, nice fitting pair of gloves I'll tell ya.

Justpassingas

I'm still waiting and I won't get them till early next week.....maybe I should have paid for the shipping....its going to be in the 20's for tonights ride home from work and I sure could use them now
For Duty and Humanity

IndyHarley

Quote from: Jeffd on December 01, 2010, 12:56:31 PM

You will only find the sizes they have in stock as outlet and rarely all sizes.
Also they don't warranty any outlet Gerbing items:
NOTE: We sell B-stock products. Products sold on this store are fully operational but may contain a slight flaw, minor blemish, or the product may be slightly used, but still in close to new condition. Some products may be 100% new but are being discontinued by the manufacturer. All products sold through HeatedClothingOutlet.com are sold as is. ALL SALES ARE FINAL.
Member since 1865
Founder of IN PGR - Legion Post #186 Commander

harleyjt

Quote from: IndyHarley on December 02, 2010, 11:34:07 AM
Quote from: Jeffd on December 01, 2010, 12:56:31 PM

You will only find the sizes they have in stock as outlet and rarely all sizes.
Also they don't warranty any outlet Gerbing items:
NOTE: We sell B-stock products. Products sold on this store are fully operational but may contain a slight flaw, minor blemish, or the product may be slightly used, but still in close to new condition. Some products may be 100% new but are being discontinued by the manufacturer. All products sold through HeatedClothingOutlet.com are sold as is. ALL SALES ARE FINAL.

True, but if you look under the "Warranty" tab, you will see that the electrics are covered under Gerbings Lifetime warranty.

Warranty Information
LIFETIME warranty on the heating elements for Gerbing’s Heated Clothing and Products!
Gerbing's Heated Clothing extends a Lifetime Warranty on the electrical heating elements for all of its garments or products.

3-year Warranty on Temp Controllers and Accessories
Gerbing's Temp Controllers and electrical components of Accessories are warranted from factory defect for three years from the date of the initial purchase. Any alteration of the product voids the warranty.

NOTICE: All Sales Final; No Exchanges; No Returns for Refund; No General Warranty on Non-Electrical Components. All Gerbing’s Heated Clothing warrantees are to be handled directly by the Gerbing’s Factory.

Directions for returning items under warranty

Before sending a Gerbing’s product, make sure that it falls under warranty.
Any clothing product sent back for repairs must be WASHED or it may be returned at customer's expense.
Contact Gerbing's Customer Service to establish a Return Authorization number:
Phone: 1-(800)-646-5916
Email: returns@gerbing.com
Include a copy of original receipt with package.
Allow 2-4 weeks for repairs to be returned.
jt
2017 Ultra Classic - Mysterious Red/Velocity Red

HyperDetroit

Not to hijack the thread, but does anyone have experience with Firstgear heated clothing?  They seem nice on pictures and are considerably cheaper than Gerbing.

http://www.ridersdiscount.com/street-gear/gloves-men/80804.php
Всё в руках божьих

rkadair

Where do you get considerably cheaper? from
Firstgear 129.95 rated @15 watts
Gerbings G3 139.99 rated @27 watts
:wtf:

Bladesmith

Not to hijack,but....I'm going to get my first Gerbing item,probably the vest...Is there any adapter that allows the Gerbing to plug into the Batter Tender plug ??? thanks
If my thought dreams could be seen they'd  put my head in a guillotine.. Dylan

calgary56

"They seem nice on pictures and are considerably cheaper than Gerbing." ...

http://www.firstgear-usa.com/Heated/CSSHeatedGloves.html

with only a 2 year Limited Warranty as opposed to a Lifetime Warranty on the heating elements with Gerbing

norcal

Bladesmith yes they do make the adaptor 7 to 10 dollars if I remember correctly. Kip

truck

December 04, 2010, 03:31:43 PM #30 Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 04:53:18 PM by truck
Quote from: Bladesmith on December 04, 2010, 03:01:59 PM
Not to hijack,but....I'm going to get my first Gerbing item,probably the vest...Is there any adapter that allows the Gerbing to plug into the Batter Tender plug ??? thanks
Yes there is an adapter but Gerbing doesn't sell it, another company does. I'll look for the website address.
The Gerbing adapter doesn't fit the battery tender plug, the pins are reversed. It's made for between the new heat controller and the old battery tender style plug on the older clothing. I have one sitting one the bench if someone needs it.

EDIT......This is where to buy, ninth one from the bottom.
http://www.warmnsafe.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=65_77

EDIT II......It's number 8 from the bottom. The #9 has a male coaxial plug and you'll need a female.
Listen to the jingle the rumble and the roar.

calgary56

rkadair - that's 15 Watts PER GLOVE = 30 Watts

Bladesmith

Quote from: truck on December 04, 2010, 03:31:43 PM
Yes there is an adapter but Gerbing doesn't sell it, another company does. I'll look for the website address.
The Gerbing adapter doesn't fit the battery tender plug, the pins are reversed. It's made for between the new heat controller and the old battery tender style plug on the older clothing. I have one sitting one the bench if someone needs it.

EDIT......This is where to buy, ninth one from the bottom.
http://www.warmnsafe.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=65_77

EDIT II......It's number 8 from the bottom. The #9 has a male coaxial plug and you'll need a female.

:up:
Thank You  !
If my thought dreams could be seen they'd  put my head in a guillotine.. Dylan

GaryD

I had the old adapter(male/female) plug to the new single plug from Gerbing and worked great with the (male/female)plug for the Battery Tender.
Now my new Limited I have a separate plug (single) from Harley for the Gerbing jacket liner.
I have them both come out together on the left side of the seat.
AMA Life Mbr.

BART

I'm still laughing at he comments about my buddy not being able to plug in his Gerbing gloves!  I guess that's what happens when you still ride in your 70's!  He's a great guy and I'll pass on the wisdom.  I'm thinking he tried to plug the gloves in first but ran into some problems.  It's easier if I plug them in for him.  For myself, I like the Hippo Hands and Heated Grips that allow me to wear my light leather gloves in cold weather. 

Take Care

BART

Justpassingas

The HD dealer gave me this part # 98544-04V for the adapter plug for the battery tender as I use a tender also....

For Duty and Humanity

GaryD

Bart, most people don't know what Hippo Hands are.  :teeth:

I remember them from the 70's. Didn't know they still made them. Then one day I searched Google and found out that they are still being made in Canada and sold at Snowmobile shops.
The problem I see with them are, they're just so ugly, but they sure do work. :up:
AMA Life Mbr.

crazy joe

December 06, 2010, 05:39:09 PM #37 Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 05:51:26 PM by crazy joe
Langlitz Leather makes them but they call Handlebar muffs
Quote from: GARYD on December 05, 2010, 08:10:08 AM
Bart, most people don't know what Hippo Hands are.  :teeth:

GaryD

Crazy Joe, is that targeted to the raised pinky crowd?  :hyst:
AMA Life Mbr.

crazy joe

LOL!!!  I'm not sure you'll have to call them and find out  : )

GaryD

ring...ring.......hello? Hello, how are your muffs.  :hyst:
AMA Life Mbr.