May 09, 2024, 09:43:38 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Where to buy Gerbing heated gloves???

Started by Justpassingas, November 27, 2010, 03:13:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HyperDetroit

Not to hijack the thread, but does anyone have experience with Firstgear heated clothing?  They seem nice on pictures and are considerably cheaper than Gerbing.

http://www.ridersdiscount.com/street-gear/gloves-men/80804.php
Всё в руках божьих

rkadair

Where do you get considerably cheaper? from
Firstgear 129.95 rated @15 watts
Gerbings G3 139.99 rated @27 watts
:wtf:

Bladesmith

Not to hijack,but....I'm going to get my first Gerbing item,probably the vest...Is there any adapter that allows the Gerbing to plug into the Batter Tender plug ??? thanks
If my thought dreams could be seen they'd  put my head in a guillotine.. Dylan

calgary56

"They seem nice on pictures and are considerably cheaper than Gerbing." ...

http://www.firstgear-usa.com/Heated/CSSHeatedGloves.html

with only a 2 year Limited Warranty as opposed to a Lifetime Warranty on the heating elements with Gerbing
Live Long, ... Out Ride the Reaper !

norcal

Bladesmith yes they do make the adaptor 7 to 10 dollars if I remember correctly. Kip

truck

December 04, 2010, 03:31:43 PM #30 Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 04:53:18 PM by truck
Quote from: Bladesmith on December 04, 2010, 03:01:59 PM
Not to hijack,but....I'm going to get my first Gerbing item,probably the vest...Is there any adapter that allows the Gerbing to plug into the Batter Tender plug ??? thanks
Yes there is an adapter but Gerbing doesn't sell it, another company does. I'll look for the website address.
The Gerbing adapter doesn't fit the battery tender plug, the pins are reversed. It's made for between the new heat controller and the old battery tender style plug on the older clothing. I have one sitting one the bench if someone needs it.

EDIT......This is where to buy, ninth one from the bottom.
http://www.warmnsafe.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=65_77

EDIT II......It's number 8 from the bottom. The #9 has a male coaxial plug and you'll need a female.
Listen to the jingle the rumble and the roar.

calgary56

rkadair - that's 15 Watts PER GLOVE = 30 Watts
Live Long, ... Out Ride the Reaper !

Bladesmith

Quote from: truck on December 04, 2010, 03:31:43 PM
Yes there is an adapter but Gerbing doesn't sell it, another company does. I'll look for the website address.
The Gerbing adapter doesn't fit the battery tender plug, the pins are reversed. It's made for between the new heat controller and the old battery tender style plug on the older clothing. I have one sitting one the bench if someone needs it.

EDIT......This is where to buy, ninth one from the bottom.
http://www.warmnsafe.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=65_77

EDIT II......It's number 8 from the bottom. The #9 has a male coaxial plug and you'll need a female.

:up:
Thank You  !
If my thought dreams could be seen they'd  put my head in a guillotine.. Dylan

GaryD

I had the old adapter(male/female) plug to the new single plug from Gerbing and worked great with the (male/female)plug for the Battery Tender.
Now my new Limited I have a separate plug (single) from Harley for the Gerbing jacket liner.
I have them both come out together on the left side of the seat.
AMA Life Mbr.
USMC VietNam 66-67 3rd Tnk. Bat

BART

I'm still laughing at he comments about my buddy not being able to plug in his Gerbing gloves!  I guess that's what happens when you still ride in your 70's!  He's a great guy and I'll pass on the wisdom.  I'm thinking he tried to plug the gloves in first but ran into some problems.  It's easier if I plug them in for him.  For myself, I like the Hippo Hands and Heated Grips that allow me to wear my light leather gloves in cold weather. 

Take Care

BART

Justpassingas

The HD dealer gave me this part # 98544-04V for the adapter plug for the battery tender as I use a tender also....

For Duty and Humanity

GaryD

Bart, most people don't know what Hippo Hands are.  :teeth:

I remember them from the 70's. Didn't know they still made them. Then one day I searched Google and found out that they are still being made in Canada and sold at Snowmobile shops.
The problem I see with them are, they're just so ugly, but they sure do work. :up:
AMA Life Mbr.

crazy joe

December 06, 2010, 05:39:09 PM #37 Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 05:51:26 PM by crazy joe
Langlitz Leather makes them but they call Handlebar muffs
Quote from: GARYD on December 05, 2010, 08:10:08 AM
Bart, most people don't know what Hippo Hands are.  :teeth:

GaryD

Crazy Joe, is that targeted to the raised pinky crowd?  :hyst:
AMA Life Mbr.

crazy joe

LOL!!!  I'm not sure you'll have to call them and find out  : )

GaryD

ring...ring.......hello? Hello, how are your muffs.  :hyst:
AMA Life Mbr.