May 02, 2024, 01:32:16 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Lookin' for help !

Started by snoman, November 01, 2008, 01:11:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

snoman

November 01, 2008, 01:11:08 AM Last Edit: November 01, 2008, 01:13:13 AM by snoman
Howdy all.
         Great new/old site ! Plan on doing a top end rebuild on my '02 classic this winter . { downtime here in the Great White North }.  Hoping everyone will be around to help with my screw-ups ! First time into a T.C. other than adding STG 1 and checking tensioners.
         Looking forward to it with assistance from this great crew.
               sno

machinist

Having the factory service & parts manuals for your year & model will be invaluable.
Much added info here from experienced experts!
"it was a black bike officer"

snoman

Quote from: machinist on November 01, 2008, 03:36:43 AM
Having the factory service & parts manuals for your year & model will be invaluable.
Much added info here from experienced experts!

Yep , got that and parts book also , Thanks .
   sno

HDDOC

You will need to upgrade your head breathers to the metal ones #17650-02 if you have not already.  Doc
2019 Tri Glide

Caper

Quote from: HDDOC on November 01, 2008, 04:04:58 AM
You will need to upgrade your head breathers to the metal ones #17650-02 if you have not already.  Doc
That's a given, just picked up an 03 this summer just turned 20K miles and the front cyl is bleedin thru the breather.
   Not quite downtime on the East Coast yet sno, rain and wet leaves kept me off the road this week, but our days for this season are numbered.

snoman

Quote from: HDDOC on November 01, 2008, 04:04:58 AM

Will do , thanks , haven't been in there yet.  I'll save these tips & part #'s for reference . I did pick up the bearing puller for the inner cam bearings over on HTT swap meet. Picked up a set of Andrews 21's , and will stick with stock chain/tensioner set-up to keep my expense down . Short riding season up here plus seasonal work = low mileage .
  Got a long cold winter ahead  in the Great White North . { 10 months winter , 2 months poor snowmobiling }. Thanks again.
       sno

maineultraclassic

Service manual, internet, and a phone.............that will get you thru it with no problems.

Where are you located? If we knew, maybe someone is in your area and could help you out.

Steve
2005 Ultra Classic
95" Powered by Big Boyz,Woods,Doherty,TTS,Fatcat,Hillside TB

snoman

Quote from: maineultraclassic on November 01, 2008, 10:29:54 AM
Service manual, internet, and a phone.............that will get you thru it with no problems.

Where are you located? If we knew, maybe someone is in your area and could help you out.

Thanks Steve, I'm up in Nothern Ontario. Not much up here but me and a few bushdonkeys .
Actually there's a dealer within a hundred miles or so in Sudbury Ont. "The Shop" H.D.
I followed several of your build projects on the other forums . I'll be keepin' it simple, just 95 and 21's. Had some $100 E-bay heads sent to Bean at Big Boyz for basic street port and c.c. matched , [84cc]. They're sitting on my bench . Looking forward to the project. Any idea how many cases of "pop" it'll take ???
   sno

Tattoo

Steve maybe we could take a ride up. ;D
"You can have anything you want
But you better not take it from me"

cardboard

Quote from: snoman on November 01, 2008, 01:11:08 AM
Howdy all.
         Great new/old site ! Plan on doing a top end rebuild on my '02 classic this winter . { downtime here in the Great White North }.  Hoping everyone will be around to help with my screw-ups ! First time into a T.C. other than adding STG 1 and checking tensioners.
         Looking forward to it with assistance from this great crew.
               sno

If'n you got the top off it only takes a little bit more to have the jugs bored and put some pistons in while yer in there.

03hdfatboy

Quote from: 05FLHTC on November 01, 2008, 09:40:46 AM
This site was a lot of help doing TC work the first time for me http://www.harleyhog.co.uk/
Helped me a lot also.  :P

snoman

Quote from: Tattoo on November 01, 2008, 03:47:35 PM
Steve maybe we could take a ride up. ;D

You'd be more than welcome . Minus 8 this A.M.
    sno