May 03, 2024, 11:40:46 PM

News:

Which new HD is best value for money?

Started by Molly, December 23, 2008, 12:51:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

help-u2

NEW HARLEY????
none of them....
full of china parts and over priced all...
find a 02 and be happy...

Scooterfish

They took the softtail std. out of the line up in 07 or 08. It`s a bare canves bike. There are good prices on used ones often with alot of bling. I all most bought one in 05 then added up the extras I wanted and went with the Heritage Classic and glad I did for my riding style.

My picks for best bang for $  Dyna,base super glide        softttail,Heritage Clasic      touring, Electra Glide Classic
Northern Indiana

RKC03

For Highway cruising, FLTRI...fixed fairing keeps ya from having to fight the wind for steering....JMO...if they would have asked me, they would have put a tourpak and all the other stuff on the ULTRA and they would have the best road bike in the H-D line-up
                                                                   RKC03
RKC03

ClassicRider2002

If one is under 5' 11" tall and rides one up 75% of the time, and the other 25% 2 up and your passenger is not any taller than 5' 11" also, the best value is not a "new" HD, the best value would be an 1993, 1994 or 1999, or 2000 FXR....best handling HD that has ever been produced, great for touring, light bike under 560 lbs and just as comfortable as a RK, or RKC or any other touring bike......if one is over 5' 11" then of course my position has less merit......as its can be a bit cramped for a taller rider....you can put quick release bags, and with a T~Bag your off to the open road in something quite special for $11,000 max.

Of course the question was about which new HD is over priced....and the answer all of them.....

help-u2 is absolutely correct....for a "twin cam" 02' is the very best year.... :up:

Regards,

"Classic"
MIGHTY MOUSE CAM
LOW END TORQUE JUNKIE 2

PoorUB

Quote from: RKC03 on December 25, 2008, 10:41:08 AM
For Highway cruising, FLTRI...fixed fairing keeps ya from having to fight the wind for steering....JMO...if they would have asked me, they would have put a tourpak and all the other stuff on the ULTRA and they would have the best road bike in the H-D line-up
                                                                   RKC03

I need to ride a Road Glide sometime. I have a tough time imaging lighter steering then what my Ultra has. I wonder too what the results of an "Ultra" RG would be. Seems to me allot of riders would buy them if the price was comparable to the Ultra Classic. I like the RG, never rode one, but want all the whistles a Ultra Classic has.
I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!

PanHeadRed

>Which new HD is best value for money<

IMO.

Straight up, all things considered,- V-Rod

Air cooled traditional? Dyna

If your willing to pay additional for options, (chrome, 2-tone paint, etc) Low Rider.

Once you pass the $16,000.00 mark, Touring for sure.

Ultrashovel

December 25, 2008, 02:36:00 PM #31 Last Edit: December 26, 2008, 09:42:25 AM by Ultrashovel
Quote from: PanHeadRed on December 25, 2008, 12:30:09 PM
>Which new HD is best value for money<

IMO.

Straight up, all things considered,- V-Rod

Air cooled traditional? Dyna

If your willing to pay additional for options, (chrome, 2-tone paint, etc) Low Rider.

Once you pass the $16,000.00 mark, Touring for sure.

And if you want to buy a V-Rod, just look in the newspaper for a used one. the resale on them is a real downer.

I still say that the Ultra is a good value for the money. I've seen it time and time again where people buy the lower-priced, stripped down models and then add Tour Packs. Radios, CB's, Lowers, Speakers, cruise controls etc. and it costs them a bundle to do it.

My 2 cents

starrider

The one that you really want...that will be a keeper.

Norton Commando

The Electra Glide Standard gets my vote.
Remember, you can sleep in your car, but you can't drive your house.

seattledyna

I have an older evo e-glide standard, the best platform to build off of for sure!

however I am thinking this RG is a bargain as far as "I" am concerned, I put the ultra tour pac I had on it, and if I get hard lowers I would be set!
What I like about the RG is the fixed fairing and how the instuments are layed out farther in front of the rider, I feel to closed in on the ultra, and it makes it easier to read the gauges when they are just a bit farther away ;)

redrokit8

The FLTR Road Glide gets my vote.
It's a pleasure not to have to always steer the fairing. Much less fatigue with wind buffeting especially from 18 wheelers.
I had three E Glides previously and glad I switched.
It takes a while to warm up to the looks of the fixed fairing, but one ride will make a believer out of you.
The negative side is if you want the rear box and lowers then there is that extra cost.
Vietnam Vet 66-67, 4th & 25th Inf Divisions CIB
LZ Hope
'09 FLTR  Roseland NJ

texaskatfish

Welp I'm an FLH fan no question about it. And not to fire up the 'air cooled v-twin purists' - but I see an ad from a local dealer with 2 - new 2007 V-rods now marked down to $13,500 each.

Looks like more patience will equal better prices folks no matter what model is your choice!
Katfish  Vice President   Cypress Chapter BACA
RIP Jester http://bacaworld.org/

bigblock6912

just curious: what's wrong with the street glide?

tdkkart

Quote from: bigblock6912 on December 28, 2008, 04:18:29 PM
just curious: what's wrong with the street glide?

It's the same price as an EG Classic and it's missing alot of pieces........
Buy the Classic, take off parts till it looks like a SG and sell them on Ebay, you'll have the cheapest touring bike HD sells.

bigblock6912