May 04, 2024, 11:20:09 PM

News:

AFR setting on a 116" 11.1 comp

Started by itsafatboy, December 23, 2008, 03:38:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

itsafatboy

so i have a tmax and have it set to 13.2 cruise and then down to 12.5 on wot and roll on, this seems rich but not sure originally zippers set them at 13.0 straite across the board then on the newer maps they have it at 13.5 cruise going to 12.8 or so wot and roll on, but then other maps are 13.5 to 12.5 roll on,  i really dont care about millage i just want it set to where the theese motors like to be but not so rich that it hurts anything thanks . 

Quick_2s

It really all depends on the sum of the parts installed, I have gathered from many discussions on this forum that there is no 1 best AFR. My 114" 12.55 comp doesn't seem to like being locked in to 1 AFR, but once I found the "close enough" starter map on my t-max it suddenly came alive. I did have to bring the "parts to the map" instead of the "map to the parts" by switching up to a 2-1. From what I have learned the map you pick needs to be right on far as the stroke length first, TB config 2nd, pipes third, and cam last. However this is all IMO.
The only stupid question is the one not asked!

se

the motor dictates what the afr will be ....
specialize in Harley Davidson high performance engines and Dyno tuning