April 27, 2024, 01:20:48 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

07 road king reflash

Started by djs, December 23, 2008, 04:15:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

djs

I have a stock 07 road king. I took it into the dealer and they said there was a calibration up date .  the old calibration id# is 32903-07d. the new one they put in is 32903-e. can any one tell me what is different with the new one. the dealer didn't know!!! would appreciate any info. thanks alot . dennis

FLTRI

Yep, they will install a fresh calibration that will kill the snap of your engine, due to the new ignition map being retarded. This is response to crankshaft failure from owners overloading the lower end from low rpm 6th aggressive throttle openings.
If you have not experienced detonation and are fairly savvy determining when you are overloading/lugging the engine my suggestion is to pass on the offer. AFAIK it is optional yet I have had a couple instances where a customer took the bike in for service and the service dept remapped their ECM without asking, which in turn, completely screwwed the tune/remapping he/she paid me to do. :angry:
Then they come back and I reload the map I custom did and they're on their way, just an inconvenience for them, sometimes a big one if they live far from our shop. :crook:
Hope this helps,
Bob
The best we've experienced is the best we know
Always keep eyes and mind open

djs

thanks for taking the time to answer my question. dennis

djs

BOB.  in response to your answer I think I already had the reflash that your talking about from the factory because this was a later built bike. that reflash was 32903-07d.  the latest reflash is 32903-07e and I can't find out what this reflash changed. thanks again. dennis

FLTRI

Quote from: djs on December 26, 2008, 05:49:44 AM
BOB.  in response to your answer I think I already had the reflash that your talking about from the factory because this was a later built bike. that reflash was 32903-07d.  the latest reflash is 32903-07e and I can't find out what this reflash changed. thanks again. dennis
Dennis,
Your dealer knows what that flash is for. He received written notification of it and what it does and why. If I were you I would call 'em and ask. Also, if they can't seem to find the answer, they can call HD Tech Services and ask them. As a last resort you can simply contact another dealer and ask them.
HTH,
Bob
The best we've experienced is the best we know
Always keep eyes and mind open

FSG

For information only, not intended to cause any confusion.

See HarleyTechTalk > Documents & FAQ's > Instruction Sheets that have been found > HD > Service Bulletins   

M-1186, ECM CALIBRATION UPGRADE FOR 2007 BIG TWINS

djs

once again thanks for the help. dennis