April 27, 2024, 02:41:46 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Need dyno tips on bigger T.B.

Started by tireater, December 23, 2008, 07:55:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tireater

Got my 55mm throttlebody from H.P. inc. for my 103" WT26 cam build...
I hope I can get it together and on the dyno Sat...Any tips for tuning the SERT...?
Ride it...Break it...Fix it...Repeat...

Don D

Yep
Let the dyno tuner do it.
Be sure the motor is not using oil and has normal leakdown numbers 1st before wasting the money on a configuration before it is sound and stable.

Faast Ed

YOu got the grooves, don't you?

One "tip" I can give you is to make sure your tuner tries some low timing/lean fuel scenarios while he's got it on the dyno.
It may or may not help, but often the grooves do respond to that.
≡Faast Ed>

tireater

The dyno guy took alot of fuel and a little timing off my 05 FLHT to get it to run right...PC3
On my 06 St Bob... he said it had the right AFR w/o adjusting the SERT...
This time we only are adding a larger T.B. and hopefully not having an oil leak...
Both my bikes run up to 40 mpg with the grooves...I still get 30 extra miles per tank on the bagger...

GoFast.....

December 23, 2008, 09:00:42 PM #4 Last Edit: December 23, 2008, 09:04:18 PM by GoFast.....
Check the rear tire pressure and run one with the A/C off to see if you have a big enough one on there

what kind of heads do you have on it
Nothing like the Sound of a Harley and the Smell of Rubber

Admiral Akbar

"Let the dyno tuner do it."

I concur...  :wink: Max

Clintster

Drive fast, take chances

tireater

My Garage in Ventura...They have all my previous runs on file...45 psi in rear tire...I'm pretty sure the Ness BS 2 is big enough...
I'm sure my bike was the first they tuned with grooves...I think they are still in 'learning curve' mode... (me too)...