May 02, 2024, 03:27:42 AM

News:

OT: Ski Doo "SCALE" Messasge on odometer.

Started by Burch, December 24, 2008, 08:31:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burch

First, Merry Christmas to ALL!!

Here is my question.

Just bought a 2005 Ski-Doo MXZ 600HO. No manual came with it.

I was pressing the "trip-meter" reset (the botton on the speed-o). Now the LCD odometer display reads SCALE. Tach and speed-o do not read anything either.

So, what did I do?? How do I un-do it?

Thanks in advance! I also hope not to offend anyone with this post (not being HD related), but I have always gotten great help here at HTT.

Burch
Burch

Ultrashovel

Quote from: BURCH on December 24, 2008, 08:31:12 AM
First, Merry Christmas to ALL!!

Here is my question.

Just bought a 2005 Ski-Doo MXZ 600HO. No manual came with it.

I was pressing the "trip-meter" reset (the botton on the speed-o). Now the LCD odometer display reads SCALE. Tach and speed-o do not read anything either.

So, what did I do?? How do I un-do it?

Thanks in advance! I also hope not to offend anyone with this post (not being HD related), but I have always gotten great help here at HTT.

Burch

I googled your problem with Keywords "Ski-Doo Trip Mileage Scale Message" and got the following form a website:

"Not serious problem. What has happened is the pin under the reset button (under the rubber cap on your speedo) is stuck. Just take the tip of something small but not sharp and push down a few times on the rubber cap to free up the pin underneath. Don't use something sharp since it will cut the rubber cap.

Sometimes you can just use your finger to jiggle and press the rubber cap a little and it may free up. "

Whenever I have a computer error ike that, I just ask on Google Groups and I always get an answer because many others will have had the same problem and they always put it out on the internet and someone always has the answer.

Next time, try Google Groups. Google is your friend.    :pop:

Burch

UltraShovel,

Thanks a ton!!

Just after I posted here at HTT, I "googled"...guess what, found the same info you did!!

You are corrcet, Google is my friend!

I'll try that in a little while.

Thanks again!!

Burch
Burch