April 28, 2024, 10:12:22 AM

News:

Question about 251 cams

Started by SCREAMN EAGLE, December 24, 2008, 08:47:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SCREAMN EAGLE

I have a 2006 103 SE bagger. Because of the weight of the bike I am thinking of a SE251 cam with D&D Fat cats am i thinking right? Don't want to be the fastest in town, but not the last one at the bar eighter. :bf:

Don D

It isn't going to be a great answer unless we know the rest of the build that will support these cams. All we know is bagger 103 FatCat. Compression? headwork? TB stock?

Scramjet

I like the SE251.  See my dyno sheet in the dyno section.  Wide torque curve  and pulls to the rev limit.  It does need compression above 10:1.  The 103 with FT pistons and Cometic head gasket get you to the right compression without head work.

B
07FLHX 107", TR590, D&D, 109HP/112TQ
06FLSTN, 95", SE211, Cycle Shack 91HP/94TQ

Bakon

I like the 251 on paper, never used it. I have used the Redshift (Zippers) 577 which is similar. At 10.5:1 with SE heads on an 01 Ultra. Fastest bagger around at the time.
wasting time

SCREAMN EAGLE

Sorry Dewey, Soon as the eagle drops me some money. T MAN will be doing the heads and pistons. I have a builder that sends all of his heads there. I just want some advice, so i don't do the wrong thing with the SE251's and have to change them in the future. THANKS 

:bf:

Don D

OK
This is why I ask the questions. The cam doesn't exist in the motor without the supporting cast.
No need to be sorry TR does high quality work
I can't emphasize the importance of using his CAM RECOMENDATION!

DGlide04

FWIW, my experience with the 251's is limited to a Dyna.  I have a set of SE 251's in my 2004 Superglide which has a mild 95" build, cleaned up heads, SE Flat top pistons, high flow V&H exhaust and not much else.  I know a bagger is about 100lbs. more than my Dyna, but the bike pulls well off idle and screams right up to the redline which it will hit without much effort. 

Great performance from my experience w/o killing your mileage either, depending on how much you can stay off the throttle. 

bigjon460

not tring to hijack but dglide do you have a dyno on that build I'd love to see it
Bigjon