May 01, 2024, 06:32:35 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

King Tour Pac Luggage Rack

Started by DarrellV, December 24, 2008, 11:54:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarrellV

December 24, 2008, 11:54:44 PM Last Edit: December 24, 2008, 11:57:40 PM by DarrellV
I have a King Tour Pac with the Luggage Rack on the lid now. We use to use the rack all the time and it was very useful to me. Now I have  a trailer I pull when we go out of town and really don't have a need for the rack itself other than a handle to open the trunk lid. I've been thinking and playing with the ideal, of taking the rack off of the trunk and plug the holes. I would need some kind of low profile water tight,plug,nut&bolt,etc.

Anyone else taken off their luggage rack and still kept the lid with holes in it? If so what did you use, how does it look ???

quikbike

Scout does. He has some black caps from the hardware store he puts in when he doesn't have the rack on.
I hate snow

Old Crow

Are all the King tour paks the same?  I've got one with no rack and no back rest. It's on an '82 FLT.
Might be interested in swapping the lids with you if yours has the rack only and no backrest(I run a solo seat).
This ain't Dodge City, and you ain't Bill Hickock.

Clintster

I run the chopped trunk and have a rack but haven't had the need to run it.  But I did put one of those chrome decoratice suckers on there.  I was looking and thought if I ever wanted to run the rack and switch back the chrome do-dad would cover the holes.  Sort of a convertible deal.
Drive fast, take chances

PoorUB

Quote from: quikbike on December 25, 2008, 04:45:13 AM
Scout does. He has some black caps from the hardware store he puts in when he doesn't have the rack on.

A guy I know screwed up and bought and mounted the mini rack before he relaised the diffeance. He ran it a year or two then bought the big rack. He plugged the holes with some plastc plug from a hardware store. With his dark colored bike you hardly notce them.
I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!

seattledyna

I have a lot of the proper "flush" plugs for that job specificaly, the dentless repair guys use them to plug holes in doors etc. I dont use the speakers on my ultra tour pac so I plugged those holes with them as well.

PM me your address and I will put 4 of em' in an envelope and send them off to you if you would would like.

Mike