09 FLHR 96" motor CLUTCH SPROCKET REPLACEMENT SIZES ?

Started by BUBBIE, January 03, 2011, 10:57:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BUBBIE

What is the Biggest size gear set you can go/get on the "clutch side" Chain Sprocket (? teeth count) on the clutch chain / sprocket gear?

Idea is to lower the gear ratio Just there.. ? Using larger double sprocket OD available?

signed....BUBBIE
Quite Often I am Right, so Forgive me when I'm WRONG !!!

BUBBIE

I should of asked Question differently,,,
I see that baker makes a performance clutch UNIT stating different #'s of teeth on the clutch basket housing.. Who makes the one that will fit on the 09 - 96" motors and the Most teeth they offer..

Not needing the whole clutch just the + gear and the clutch basket.. I can't seem to find much on the net.
I thought some of the pro's use the more Teeth there but 2 is what I remember but 4 would be wanted. :nix:

my Book is out dated and Thought the EASY way was to ask here. If I don't get a reply I'll look into the Book side further, Or on the net.. AND post an answer here .. Thanks

signed....BUBBIE

rmc115

I think evolution industries(http://evoindusa.com/)  make the only other option. I changed my 07 to their 49 tooth from the stock 46 tooth.  Mike
00 Fatboy, 95"wood tw6, diamond cut,se 44mm  <br />20 Ultra Limited

R.Bingham

Bubbie, I was gonna suggest that you do this instead of the other idea you had with the compensating sprocket. I have been kinda busy lately so I haven't been able to get back to you. I hope you find something that works for you. :embarrassed:

Randall

BlueThunder

Evo Industries makes a clutch basket ring gear replacement (49 tooth) that will accomplish the lower gear ratio without changing the trans sprocket or belt and you will not have to pull the inner primary. I think it was about $270 to the door. Includes the ring gear and new double roller chain.

happyman

Quote from: BlueThunder on January 05, 2011, 03:39:57 PM
Evo Industries makes a clutch basket ring gear replacement (49 tooth) that will accomplish the lower gear ratio without changing the trans sprocket or belt and you will not have to pull the inner primary. I think it was about $270 to the door. Includes the ring gear and new double roller chain.

when you do the 49 tooth on the 09 and 10 touring what is the gearing then?
Thanks

BlueThunder

2.97 overall gear on a 08, not sure about an 09-10.  Between 2.97 and 3.07 I would think.  Big Boyz has a calculator you can plug in the ratios and check the overall gearing of your specific year and model

geezer ron

Does anyone know if someone makes a 51 or 52 tooth clutch sprocket? That would reduce the gearing similar to a 30 tooth on the crank.

BUBBIE

Geezer Ron,
I think you (WE) got the best thing going here, Just to let a few others here in on the Plan...

If you can get the clutch sprocket Cut (laser) like Planned at your shop and Use the Good Hard material, the Problem of "WAY-GEARING"  *patten pending.... Hopefully YOU being the Ginny-Pig..
If this works well for you, It will catch-on with the many NEEDING a similar gearing for their bikes.. ***Too Bad HD,,,,, Not for you.

I doubt IF the #sizes WE'll Offer are Manufactured out there today.. Good Ideas we've come up with.. :idea:
#40t up thru #54t depending on fit.

Thinking the first one or two TEST BIKES will be on Rons 09 softails,, Results coming...

Now How about that. USA/CANADIAN  OR  CANADIAN/USA,,, we'll flip a coin.

signed....BUBBIE

Just Food for thought.. AND some FUN.

geezer ron

With any luck we (Bubbie & me) could be in production by the end of the month.

Barney Biker

What about the primary chain?
Heard that no one makes the odd length chains for the other sizes of sprockets.
I wanted a 32 tooth sprocket for the motor shaft but there was no chain size for them.

Barney Biker
07 EG
PGR

BUBBIE

I don't think Chain is a problem Buy a length and put it together..... Many ways to put it together Including; Rivit-Peen ends Like they come.... Some even use a masters link.. Not the small cotter key type.. they Break easy, actually the Directional spring clip is better/safer than the cotter. I personally like PEEN,,,, when proper lengths are Unable to Order... If your chain supplier does this to a length you order,,, Pay the price and have it done right.

Just MY Way.

signed....BUBBIE